Origin - 20

You heard yelling travel down the hallway, and Bruce was soon lifted and taken out of the room. Your heart ached with worry and confusion... 

A nurse walked into your room and smiled a bit at you, but your face remained neutral.

"So, you know Mr. Wayne?" The nurse asked, causing you to slightly raise your eyebrow. 

"Yeah, I do... kinda.." you sighed looking down at the state you were in. The nurse smirked slightly at your answer, but you didn't pay attention to that, your brain occupied with worry for Bruce.

The nurse began to tell you about protocal for when you were discharged from the hospital which could be as early as tonight. 

~~~~

You ended up staying overnight and leaving in the morning. You were given the option of crutches but you refused them.

"You're all set to leave Miss l/n." The nurse smiled as she helped you stand. Your knees were wobbly and your ankle hurt, but it was bearable.

"Can I see Bruce-" You looked to the nurse as you scratched your neck, worried about him. 

"I'm sorry... he actually was transported to another location that's unknown even to me."

You sighed and nodded, grateful to at least know he was alive, and began to walk out with her. "What about my bill?"

"Please don't worry about that, we received payment from Mr Pennyworth."

You shook your head smiling a little. You were very thankful to Bruce and Alfred. 

The nurse nodded you off and turned to attend to other business as you rode in the elevator to the first floor. 

You began to hear a commotion in the main lobby as the elevator beeped. 

The doors opened to reveal a crowd of people with cameras. You quickly exited the elevator, and the doors squeaked shut.

The crowd turned to look at you.

"Miss l/n- what can you tell us about Bruce's condition?"

"What about your relationship with him? He was visiting your hospital room!"

"What is he like in-"

The voices all began to blur together and you limped away from them as some cops began to push the crowd away from you. 

You quickly walked out of the doors and got in one of the taxis, telling them your address. 

You looked at your phone on the ride back. You really wanted to see Bruce in person again to see for yourself that he was okay. You opened your text messages with him and your eyes watered a little. 

You decided to message him.

"I like you too Bruce, I didn't get to answer back in the hospital room. I really like you. I hope you're okay..."