Red Handed - 17

- Thank you for #1 on the vengeance tag :)

After getting dropped off by Alfred, you began looking throughout your house for your old phone. 

Once you found it, you inserted the chip from your old one into the new one. It turned on after charging for a little and you sent a message to Bruce.

"Thank you for last night. I think I'll quit my job there and find a new place to work..."

"Good idea. Please don't go back there. Did you fix your phone?" 

He replied a few short moments later.

"Nope, this is an old one.. Can we talk later?" 

You replied, biting your lip.

You shook your head at yourself and pondered on that underlying feeling of feeling in your gut. You decided it would be best to think about that later and start focusing on finding a new job. The lounge was good pay, but if you hadn't left with Bruce that night you might be dead..

You cleaned up around your place and settled down to watch a movie, the daytime had started to grow into the evening and there was still no reply from Bruce. You sighed, trying not to think too hard about it. 

You turned on your tv, holding a bag of popcorn, the news popped on before you could change it to the movie player.

The riddler.

He was on television.

You shuddered at the thought of him. 

They broadcasted one of his video streams depicting him doing unspeakable things to a government official. It seemed like his previous killings lined up with murdering corrupt political figures. It made you wonder why Alfred thought you would be a target.

You were shaken out of your thoughts when you heard a loud knock at your door. 

You jolted up, spilling your popcorn a little in the process. Slowly walking to the door, you opened it, peaking your head outside. 

"Y/n l/n? The penguin request I pick you up and bring you to the lounge immediately."

It was one of the twins who had been guarding the door.

"I'm not dressed-"

The twin interrupted you. "He requested that I give you this to wear tonight. He needs to talk to you, is all he told me."

You raised your eyebrow, opening the door a little more and taking the bag from the man's hands.

"give me a second.." You sighed, closing the door and walking to your bathroom. 

You knew this was a bad idea, but you were intrigued by what he was going to say. You thought of Bruce, you had told him you would never go to the club again..