The Dressing Room - 7

Your heart skipped at least 10 beats. His plus one? You thought to yourself, thinking about walking in, holding his hand, smelling his cologne, leaving the party early.. 

You were getting ahead of yourself.

You shook your head, wanting to say yes more than anything. 

"I- would love to but I dont have-"

"A dress?" He questioned looking at you.

You played with your hands and nodded sighing. 

"I can take you to get one right now."

He was serious. 

"But Miss jones- I have to work- w-"

"I fund this company, and I own most of Gotham gazette."

He was being very bold. You avoided his gaze, feeling slightly guilty, recieving his kind gestures. After what happened with the batman last night even if you never saw him again... you still craved both the bat's attention and Bruce Wayne's.

You didn't know how to respond to that, just as you were about to speak, Miss Jones approached the both of you. 

"I see you two know each other?" Her gaze was harsh and jealous as she looked at you, and as she looked towards bruce, her gaze softened. She made doe eyes at him.

Bruce looked towards Miss Jones and cleared his throat. 

"Yes. We do. I came to speak about the program with you Miss Jones, but I have other matters to attend to. I will also be taking Miss l/n with me."

He walked towards you grabbing your hand, holding it and began to walk out of the building. Leaving a shocked Miss jones, and half of the news floor staring at you two.

You felt his firm grip, as you walked out, he had interlaced his fingers with yours.

Had you missed something?

Why was he being so touchy? The kiss you had shared with him still made you blush, but it wasn't like you full on made out with him or anything.

You could feel the eyes on you as he walked you out to his car and let go of your hand as he opened the passenger side door and helped you in. 
After getting in himself, he started the car and began to drive, he was a pretty reckless driver, you thought as he quickly sped off.

"Bruce..." You reached towards his leg to tap him but ended up touching his inner upper thigh.

This caused him to quickly look at you, almost running into the car in front of you.

He looked back at the road, muttering 
"what..?"

"Thank you for inviting me and doing all this... but it just seemed like you had something on your mind."

''

Little did you know,

Bruce had you on his mind.