✴️Chapter 1✴️: Happily ever after, after all.

{Dure's P.O.V}

"Mummy, I don't want to go to school today". I whined to my mum as she used a towel to dry my hair. I could only see her through the mirror in front of me.

"Mummy, I want to stay with my sister today. I don't want to go to school". I whined again, hoping she'd hear me. She smiled, looking at me through the mirror before turning me around to look at her, dropping the towel on her shoulder.

"You don't want to go to school because of your baby sister, bubu?" Asked Mama, as she looked at me with such love in her eyes.

" Yes, mummy. I don't want to".

"But Bubu, you have to go. You have a whole lot of responsibilities waiting ahead of you"

"Mummy, I don't want to" I cried, ready to whine until Mama answered me. Her hands fell from my shoulders as I prepared to fake cry till I got what I wanted. That's the only way to get momma to do what I want.

Just then, grandma walked in. Momma's mum. She was always harsh with me and she never let me have my way no matter what I did. She had this special superpower designed against my tantrums. No matter the tantrum I threw, she'd never side with me.

"It's time for school, Bubu. Come get breakfast so you'll have energy for school and leave your mother, let her face the new baby".  Grandma said, giving me the signal that she must not repeat herself.

I grabbed unto momma's hand, like it would give me the safety I needed from her, the wicked witch of the west, which was my name for grandma.

"Mummy, I don't want to go" I begged momma, hoping she'd change grandma's mind. Grandma walked towards us when she saw that I wasn't coming over.

"Mummy" I pleaded with her, my heartbeat becoming fainter as grandma approached us.

"Okay, Bubu, let's do it this way. Go to school today and be a good boy and you'll spend the whole weekend with your baby sister".  Momma said to me, gently patting my head and trying to make me go to school.

"Brixton, go get your bags and come with me" Grandma said so sternly that I just wanted her not to see me again. Forever.

"Mum. He's still a child. We should handle with Care". Momma said to grandma, but her nose flared at the sound of that.

"That's how you'll end up spoiling this boy in the name of him being a child". Grandma started as she angrily pulled me towards her " See, he didn't break. And even if he does break, it's better you break him now, than allow him to break you in the future. Leave this child to me and go attend to your newborn". Grandma told momma angrily, dragging me along with her towards where she was going.

I cried and cried, stretching out my other hand towards momma, begging her to save me. But all she did was look at me with so much love, mouthing "Bubu", while the wicked witch dragged me away.

"Dure" I heard someone call, shaking me a little lightly. My eyes opened but I had to shut it back I'mmediately. The light was just too much for me to take, using my hand to block out the light, I tried to open up me eyes to see where I was.

"Dure, are you okay?" The too familiar voice said again. It took a little while for me to recognize that that was my wife's voice.

"Are you having a nightmare, my love?" She asked again, as she removed my hand away from my eyes allowing the sunrays to rush into my view.

The sky was bright and I could see the birds flying everywhere. Then her face came into view as she used one of my customized handkies to clean my face.