✴️Chapter 5✴️: All the lies they told.

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

    "I love you to the moon and back. And I can give you my life if requested for" Ezra said to my teenage self, as I sat on the bannisters while Ezra held my waist in place. We were at the roof top of our high school, that was wear we usually meet each other, and here he was, showering kisses on me as he professed his love for me.

"I just have one question for you, Ezra. Have you ever loved me?" I asked him, deep down in my heart hoping all this was a dream. All this wasn't real. Hoping his answer will be positive this time.

  "Isn't it obvious I used you?" He replied me coldly, Annabelle holding unto his arms in the middle of the school, students gathering round us just to see how Eleanora will react to the situation. My heart dropped dead to the bottom of my belly.

"I love you, Nora. And I want you to be my girl. I want you to officially be mine". Dure said to me, the snow falling more heavily as the hours passed by. His eyes looking so determined to get me to be his woman.

" I know you have a mistress, Dure. But I won't let that bother me because I'm determined to work for our Love". I told him before dropping his hand but he held my hand before it finally dropped to my side, pulling me closer to him "You are the Mistress, Nora" he replied me. Low. Cold. Deadly.

"You're the one that should be behind bars! You killed Ciara. You killed my grandmother. You beast. Where is the law?" I questioned him angrily as I clutched the iron gates of the cell I was in.

"Don't you know?  Where there's money, Power and connection even the Law bows down". He started as he moved closer to the cell, looking dead into my eyes.

"I have the money already. All I needed was the power and connection because I knew quite well that it's only the Royals that have the true power to control the land. I must thank you though, because without you, I wouldn't wield the power I possess. Oh and I came to give you these, Nora. The marriage we had, was never real. I don't mean to break it to you this way but I just had to tell you so you won't continue to have false hope". He picked each words out and let it roll out his tongue, each word giving me a heavy blow in my heart.

"Your time is up, sir". One of the guards said .

"The time was worth it, anyway". Dure whispered and walked out on me , leaving me to bare the burden he placed on me.

My eyes flew open as my hands hit hard the mosquito singing in my ear. My skin already had so many red spots already but that was the least thing on my mind now. I aggressively cleaned the tears that were already slipping out of my eyes.

The marriage we had was never real? So what about the feelings? Were they also not real? What about the nights we had together? What about the days we comforted each other in pain? What of the baby I almost had? Was that also not real? What about the wedding? What about the people that witnessed our wedding? Were they just an illusion? What about the days we slept with each other? Were they also fake?

   I slid down the wall until I was sitting on the floor again. My hands went through my hair aggressively. My eyes were already stinging as the tears dropped on my hands . The pain that I felt deep down in my heart began showing its ugly head. 

I hate the way I feel. I hate that I ever loved you. I hate that I ever kissed you. I hate that I ever spent the same room with you. I hate that I ever gave it my all. I hate that I ever gave you all my heart. I hate the way you made me feel guilty for giving it my all.

I gave it my all. I gave the fake marriage my all. I trusted you blindly, Dure. I decided to be blind to your flaws. I decided to turn away from all your mistakes. I saw the signs but I decided to give you a benefit of the doubt. Is this what I get?  Is this the reward of loving you?