✴️Chapter 12✴️: And we meet again.

This chapter is dedicated to @Zionsolaalimi. Thanks for the constant votes. I really do hope you're enjoying the series.

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

I had asked Lucas to leave but he insisted on helping back to the hotel room. My wounded hand was already wrapped up in Lucas t-shirt, the same arm hung on his shoulders as he helped me to my room like a drunk lady.

I was concious but I was drenched in the rain, my bones were already numb due to the cold and my clothes were dripping wet from every part.

The receptionist had gone home because it was already midnight, and almost everywhere in the hotel lodge was empty.

Lucas helped me into the room and upon opening the door, we met Phillips who seemed restless, walking from point A to point B, his head to the floor like he was deeply thinking.

I'mmediately we walked a little bit further into the room, Phillips heard our footsteps and stopped. He looked up and met our eyes before literally running over to us.

"My goodness, Nora where did you go?!" He asked while Lucas helped me to sit on the bed.

"Your hand!" Phillips gasped, holding my injured hand. He was about to unwrap the bleeding hand when I retracted from him.

Everything makes sense now.  Phillips picking me up from jail, to bringing me here, to announcing me dead. I know he was the one who announced me dead because I don't believe there would be such a time clash between my release and the press release about my death. Not now, not ever.

"Why are you here?" Not in the mood for his care, I wanted him to go straight to the point.

"Let's first treat your hand". He said, concentrating more on my hand, as he tried to hold my injured hand again. But I pulled away. Had I not withheld myself on time, I'd have hit him across the face.

"Listen to me, Phillips. When it comes to faking expressions, I know more than your grandfather ever will. Go straight to the point and stop giving me that fake care!" I pointed out, blank and honest.

His eyes seemed a little shocked but he masked it up almost I'mmediately with a smile. He stood up from his knees and sat on the bed beside me. I stood up I'mmediately and sat on the dressing chair facing him.

"Do put on the heater, young man. She needs some warmth". Phillips asked Lucas and he obeyed, before leaving both of us in the room.

I wasn't in the mood of playing dumb or I'd have played it with him to the very end.

"You announced to the world that I was dead? Why?"

"No, I didn't". He denied.

"I'm glad to know that you think of me as a fool, Phillips"  I said to him, Lucas walking in with a tray in his hands, serving us each a cup of green tea each before walking out again.

"I've never seen you as a fool, Nora. You've always been my friend. And I don't understand why you'll ever think it's me". He replied, picking each of his words carefully.

" Because the odds are more in your favour. I mean, wouldn't it be easier to announce me dead than to explain why you wanted my release. Your brother didn't lock me up for eight years just so his brother could come take me at anytime without a reason. Besides, your brother never had the plan to release me. If he did, he'd have to run a risk of Killing me because definitely he can't use me. I've run out of use for him. And the odds of killing me aren't so great. If I escape then he's doomed". I explained to him thoroughly, letting him know that I knew he had this planned all along.