✴️Chapter 32✴️: And then they realized...

"Watch it!" Dure exclaimed in fear when he saw Ameed driving into a traffic light stand, which temporarily brought Ameed back enough for him to see he was directly headed for a ram in with the traffic light. He was quick enough to swerve back to the main road but not quick enough to stop himself at the sight of the red light at the roundabout, almost causing a third degree crash if the other drivers didn't swerve away on time.

Ameed was currently fighting a dangerous battle against sleep as he struggled to keep his attention on the road. After another while of struggling with sleep, Sleep began to prevail once more, causing Ameed to lose control as the car headed for the pavement this time, Dure had no choice but to vigorously shake Ameed who would have hit a woman and her baby if he didn't swerve back on time.

"Ameed, Park the car!". Dure ordered sternly, which Ameed did after it registered in his half asleep brain.

Dure got down from the car and walked to the driver's side, opening the door for Ameed to get down.

  "I'm so sorry sir, I promise to be awake this time". Ameed apologized.

"I know you will but for the meantime, sit down at the back while I drive". Dure ordered. Ameed wanted to resist but when he saw how serious his master was, he gave in walking to the front passenger's seat while Dure took over the steering wheel.

Now that he was off the steering wheel, Ameed was fully awake. The sleep suddenly disappeared as he watched his Master drive calmly and silently.

They've been on the road, relentlessly for five days now, making a stop at each of the dens to be sure that none was currently operating so the RBI wouldn't have anything to hold against them. If there was an neutral ministry that was not willing to take sides politically it was the RBI. They were a ministry on their own, that's why Dure wanted to make sure they found nothing on them.

  Ameed's coffee had no effect anymore has he and Dure were sleep and food deprived, drinking coffee just to make sure sleep doesn't hinder them from fulfilling their mission. His master's advantage right now was that he was an insomniac, so not being able to sleep wasn't a new routine in Dure's life.

"Are you awake now?" His master's voice cut through Ameed's thoughts as he thought of his family back home.

  "Yes, boss". Ameed replied.

"Thanks for your hard work these days, Ameed. I understand that it hasn't been easy for you these days. Take a while to rest while I drive us back home, so you'll look less like a panda" Dure said to his personal assistant as he turned left when he got to the t-junction.

"Boss, we could have easily taken the helicopter to the dens. I don't understand why we have to drive all the way" Ameed questioned his boss who didn't take his eyes away from the road not even once.

"We can't use the helicopters because of the people living nearby and the people could easily be interrogated by the RBI, so we got no other choice but to drive". Dure replied him.

Ameed stared at his boss, noticing how his once so shining blond hair now had traces of grey hair, and his veins were visible on his wrists. He admired how tirelessly his boss had worked all these while. Sacrificing his sleep, time and energy just to make sure his family are safe and the family business keeps running.

Dure gave his assistant a quick glance before turning back to the steering. "Anything bothering you, Ameed?" Dure asked, calling Ameed's attention.

"Nothing. I just admire boss's diligence and commitment. Of all the Henias, you're the most diligent and reliable". Ameed praised.

Dure stopped the car when the traffic light turned red, taking the time to properly look at Ameed.

"Well, I'm the first born son of the Henias. I have a legacy to live up to, can't afford to be slack at my duties. I have my siblings, wife, children and even parents depending on me. One wrong step and all of them fall with me" Dure replied before stepping on the gas as the traffic light turned green.