✴️Chapter 19✴️: It's time for a lecture, Phillips.

It's been two whole days since the hotel incident and Nora still hasn't gained conciousness. Justin was starting to worry. All he did was knock her out. He definitely didn't kill her, did he? Or could it be that he knocked her out wrongly?  He has placed a finger under her nose severally and had felt her breath on his finger. That should mean she's alive, so why isn't she waking up?

He continued to stare at her from where he sat, her extremely lean body wasn't even turning. She has been in one bed position since he dropped her on the bed that night. He had tended to all her open wounds and disinfected all her injuries. Each injury looking more serious than the last. He had rubbed the antifungal and antibacterial creams he had asked Lucas to buy the day before and he had rubbed it on all the red spots on her body, questions upon questions overloading themselves as he cleaned her up.

He got up from his seat and took out the dinner he had prepared for her a night before which had been on the bedside stool. He had prepared grilled potatoes for her with a spiced up grilled chicken lap and a cup of juice, hoping that she'd wake up in the middle of the night and eat something since she hasn't eaten for a while now but he was more disappointed than he was the previous night when he found the tray untouched, it was exactly as he left it, with cling film still hovering over the food.

He was planning to throw it into the bin when a call came in. He dropped the tray on the dinning table and reached out to his pocket for his phone. Without looking at the ID caller, he picked it and threw the phone to his left ear.

"Hello?" He started with a rather hoarse voice for he himself hasn't eaten or drank anything in three days.

  "Justin..." The voice started "Where are you?" 

He was drawn aback as to who could ask such a question, so he brought the screen of the phone to his face and looked at the ID caller. It was Nanny.

"In my old apartment. Why?" He replied her, clearly not knowing why she'd ask that question.

"I need to see you, now. It's urgent and important". Nanny said into the phone, her old voice dictating urgency.

"If it's so urgent, I'll be on my way now". He replied her before hanging up but he couldn't help but wonder why she had wanted to see him so urgently. He grabbed his jacket and left the house, banging the door shut on his way out.

After the house was silent for a while, Nora opened her eyes and sat up in bed. If she had laid in that bed for three more hours she would have really died from back pain. She had woken up since the afternoon of the day before but she didn't want Justin to know or it could lead to another question and answer conversation and if there was anything she was avoiding, it was an emotional conversation with Justin. She didn't want anything to come in her way of plans. Anything at all.

She looked round the room, her eyes darting from one place to another. She would have mistaken the room for hers had it been she had memory loss for her portraits were hanging on each wall. Her wedding picture of herself alone, in a bogous frame sat on the wall opposite the bed she laid. Another picture of her and Justin eating melting ice creams as highschool teenagers sat on the wall, near the entrance door in another bougos frame.  Then two big drawings of her sat on the wall in the middle of two windows and while another one hung on the wall which she was currently resting her back on respectively.

She wondered why her pictures were hanging everywhere in an unknown room or could it be Justin's effort to make her feel comfortable and at home?

  Her phone buzzing from somewhere in the room brought her back, and she got out of bed to search for her burner phone. She turned pillows over and raised up every house appliance in the room that she could raise, including tables and chairs but she couldn't find the buzzing phone. Then she walked out of the room she was placed in, into the sitting room, the dinning room adjacent it. The light of the burner phone called her attention to the dinning table, as the room was a little too dark for the curtains were drawn. She walked to the dinning table and picked up the phone.