✴️Chapter 3✴️: A glimpse of life.

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

"According to the law, Princess Eleanora should be killed but because it was manslaughter, she would be sentenced with life imprisonment and in reply to the citizens request, Her title is hereby revoked from her as she no longer has right to the Royal palace or have any right as a royal member. All privileges shall thereby be revoked from her to and From henceforth, shall not have anything to do with the Royals". The judge announced, the camera sitting across the courtroom, facing the judge and showing the whole nation the outcome of the judgement.

"But she hasn't been tried! This is injustice on her path. She hasn't been tried. She's supposed to go through a trial before her fate is determined. She hasn't been tried!" Lilou said out loud, the injustice happening to me, shamelessly before my very eyes was demeaning and she just couldn't take it in anymore.

"The people are the law, Princess Lilou. Whatever they say counts!" The Judge said shamelessly to her.

" What the hell do you mean by that? The law was made for men, not men for the law, but still you can't say that the people are the law and not go through the proper process. This is Injustice on Nora's path and very demeaning!" Lilou opposed him angrily, while I sat there, dumbfounded, not being able to utter a word.

"I am the law! And whatever I say in this court is what will forever matter". Queen Mary said all of a sudden as she walked into the room, her gown leaving a trail behind her as she walked forward and her face was heavily baked with make up, her tiara was slipping of her head and for some reasons her hair wasn't packed properly. She looked more like a royal mess and quite a laughable site for a royal but I couldn't laugh because I just didn't remember how. A lot has happened in such a short period of time that it has taken a great toll on me.

"You do know that you're using your power wrongly, right?" Lilou challenged her.

"Wrongly or rightly, when you have your own power, you're free to do it however you like it". She replied Lilou before ordering her guards to drag Lilou out of the courtroom.

Then she walked forward to where I was standing, in handcuffs.

"Where is your pride now, Princess Eleanora?" She asked as she walked up to me till we were just one meter apart. I kept silent. All I did was stare at her.

"Where is that arrogance you had always possessed? I thought you always act high and mighty?" She asked and then cackled while I continued to stare at her. My legs were trembling and I was incredibly weak, holding unto the table that was beside me for support so I wouldn't pass out.

"Awww, she's weak. You know what Nora? I really enjoy it when helpless people struggle everyday and can't do anything about their helplessness. Here's something you don't know..." She trailed off as she moved closer to my right ear and whispered into my ear.

"It was so satisfying seeing your grandmother die. She kept struggling like a drowning dog, as your dear husband, Dure, suffocated her to death with her very own royal pillow".  My eyes widened, my heartbeat increased it's momentum and I suddenly started having headaches as my veins threatened to pop out.

  "And it was so satisfying seeing your grandpa beg me to let you live the life you want and not interrupt it. He went on his knees to beg for my mercy". She continued to whisper into my ear. Adrenaline started rushing into my body, giving me strength as the seconds roll by.

"And it was so satisfying to see Ezra beg for the life of his mother and succumb to my every will. It was so satisfying to see him struggle for life as he felt his life leaving his body. It was so satisfying to see your aunty beg for my mercy and promise to leave this nation as far as her Children her safe. It was so satisfying to-"