✴️Chapter 6✴️: Things aren't always as they seem.

{Justin's P.O.V}

"How to be a good... Father?" I heard James say from behind me and immediately I hid my phone in shame.

"You're asking the internet how you can be a good father?" James said out loud causing my cheeks to flush in embarrassment. I rose to my feet, slipping my phone into my pocket, I walked out of the sitting room to the entrance of the mansion. I couldn't walk as fast as I wanted to because of my stiff legs but the walking stick helped me a little bit.

I could hear James laughing and hitting the chair loudly and I honestly wished the ground opened and swallowed me up.

"It's normal to ask the internet on how to be a good father. It's not like you've been one before. Why should you feel embarrassed?" I heard the familiar voice say behind me. I turned around to see Mary behind me, she was holding a teacup in her hands. She stretched it forth towards me and signalled me to drink it before leading me to the garden.

Nanny was already seated in the garden, crossing her legs and drinking something from the teacup while James laughter could still be heard from the sitting room.

I took a seat opposite Nanny, while Mary sat right beside me, on my left. There was a bottle of wine on the table and three goblets and just seeing it, my mind flashed back to her.

"Take this away, Mary. We're not wine addicts like Nora". Nanny said so casually, making my heart sting in pain.

"I'm sorry. I'm just not used to garden meetings without the proper wine to go with it. I was just...I was just...I was-" Mary said, her voice breaking down already.

"Enough. Enough. Enough. Enough with the crying and the tears. We're gathered here to find a way out, right?" Nanny said, stopping the environment from being sorrowful.

"Never have I met someone so addicted to wine like she was". I soliloquized, smiling as I could see Nora, drinking wine from the Goblet like she was the owner of the world. Twirling the wine inside the cup and drinking it like she doesn't care whatever happens next.

"How's our internet father doing? Has the internet giving you the information you need to know?" James said as he walked into the garden, propping down on the couch beside me which was on my right.

"Stop it, James". I said to him, embarrassed that he had to say that in front of Nanny.

"I'm sorry, Internet father. I promise not to tell your sons. Don't worry". James joked, then the atmosphere became serious again.

"Was it only the Henias that were involved with Nora's case?" I asked Mary, who's head jerked up in fear and it was quite so obvious that the question I asked her was loaded.

"Umm...Umm...I don't quite-"

"Mary, if there's anything we need to know, let us know now". Nanny said to Mary in a scolding tone.

Mary looked down at her laps and began to fiddle with her fingers.

"Why don't you start from how you entered the story? That will help us understand you more and help us know where to come in". James said to her, trying to help her confused state.

"My real name is Germana. I was born somewhere in Brazil, with my younger brother, José. Our parents died suddenly and we didn't know what to do. I was nine years old then and my younger brother was six years old. We were just three years apart. I didn't want to go to any of our relatives because they were never on good terms with our parents. The reason was unknown but I knew very well that all of them were on drugs, and if I went to stay with them, my younger brother too will start doing drugs and I didn't want that.