✴️Chapter 17✴️: The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

"Indie...Bluey... Once school closes, wait for me at the security's office. I won't send anybody to pick you in school today. Your father isn't coming either. The only person you're allowed to follow home is-"

"Uncle James or Grandma". The two completed the statement for their aunty Mary. She's probably said that more than a million times already.

Mary smiled at the two boys as she helped Blu tuck in his uniform. The two boys were dressed in a short sleeved blue checkers shirt that came with it's own tie, blue shorts that stopped at the knee.

She was like a mother to them. She was the face their eyes beheld when they opened their eyes as an infant. She was just like Nanny, caring, loving and ever supporting. If not for what's going on lately, they wouldn't have known that their mother wasn't Mary...

She's trying desperately to right the wrong she did. Each night she remembers that day like it was just yesterday and the looks Nora gave her before she was dragged away by the policemen she had brought. She remembered the look Green had given her when he found out her scheme but allowed it to take place anyway. Those haunting stares were bored into the back of her head like a nail penetrates the wall.

That's why she's trying. Trying so hard. To protect Nora's offsprings. To not let them feel the hate their mother is shouldering alone. Even though, she knows, that one day she'd have to tell the twins the truth. That the reason their mother is where she is today...is because she betrayed their mother.

But she can't bare to do that. At least not now. She couldn't bear them hating her. No. She just can't.

The love they behold in their eyes anytime they look at her is so heartwarming, makes her feel that somewhere else, someone else can love her, anyhow, nevertheless. So if those look turn to hate...my goodness, she might not be able to continue going.

Mary rose to her feet when she was done with Blu. She had packed their lunchbox and she had dressed them for school. She just needed to take her headscarf and nose cover so they'll be ready to go.

"Wait for me here" she said "I need to get my scarf and nosemask". She dashed inside before her statement was completed to the hearing of the children.

When the children saw the coast was clear, Blu bent down and brought out the toy gun they had kept under the couch and passed it to his twin who put it into his bag as fast as he could, acting like undercover agents for one whole minute.

Their father had warned them to return the toy gun back to it's owner, but Indigo had other plans for the gun. Blu had tried to explain to their father that it was for a bully and they just wanted to teach the bully a lesson by taking his favorite toy away from him but their father wouldn't hear any of it.

Blu had asked Indigo to return after their father had scolded them and the bully had cried for his missing toy but Indigo forgot to return the toy and took it home yet again. It was until he got home did he realize that the toy gun was still in his bag, so he had to hide the gun under the couch, for it was the safest place to put it while Aunty Mary and Nanny searched their bag as a traditional rite. They didn't want their Dad, Aunty Mary or Grandma as they usually called her to run into it, or they were in for a vigil of preaching.

Who knew their father wouldn't come back home yesterday?

"Indie, we must return this gun today". Blu reminded his twin. He didn't like it when his father or any adult frowned at him. He just wasn't a fan of frowning faces.

Indigo smirked, his grey eyes filled with plots he had devised in his heart for the bully. "I will Bluey but not so fast"

"Indie, he will bring his parents to school today. Can't risk a parents meeting. Besides, Daddy mustn't find out we are still with it. He'll be mad". Blu reminded Indigo but Indigo turned to look into his twin's blue eyes. "Bluey, we'll be fine. Besides, I've always told you, if you continue to think about the wrath of the adults, you won't enjoy life". He smirked at his twin but Blu was having none of it. He was scared to his pants. Daddy's frown gave him quite the scare a day before, can't have another.