✴️Chapter 13✴️: A gift for her own burial

"I'll leave you two to talk". Phillips said, walking towards the door and attempting to walk out but the sharp voice of Eleanora stopped him.

"Don't bother. We have nothing to say to each other". Eleanora said to Phillips. It came out like an order. Her eyes were drained of emotions, at least, not the ones you could notice. Her eyes sparked though and she kept on looking at Justin who stood from a distance.

Justin, on the other hand, was still frozen. He kept looking at Nora like he was seeing a vision. He was in a trance. Not the type that he could recover from that easily. A million thoughts rolled through his mind, many heavy questions that needed answers laid upon his heart. He looked at the skinny frame in a black gown, who's hair was short, her skin wasn't as spotless as before, her eyes had sunk inside a little with a little mascara to give more shade to her eyes.  She wasn't the girl he knew anymore. It was quite obvious she had changed. She wasn't smiling. Oh no! She wasn't. Her black lipsticks made her whole demeanor look more intimidating and dangerous.

But deep down, he still hoped, that she was just like before. A cold girl from the outside but warm hearted being she had always been.

He looked at her wrapped up hand. It was bandage and a spot of red could be seen on the white cloth.

What happened to her hand? Why is it all bandaged?  Her hair! What happened to her hair? What's with the gothic look? How did she even end up with such a strange man?

"Looking at me, wouldn't get things done". Her voice cut through his thoughts, like scissors cutting paper.  She knew he had things on his mind. She knew the things were about her. She knew he had a lot of things to say to her and they had a lot of events to talk about but she had made up her mind to keep it strictly business. She didn't want to give off any unnecessary emotion. She didn't want to give him any false hope that they were still friends. To her, friends were the root of all problems. She has had friends in the past and none showed up when she was at her darkest point. Infact, one of those friends were the root of her problems. She also blamed him. He was part of her problems. He knew things that she was also supposed to know but he kept quiet. To her, Justin was just like the rest of them. A betrayer.

She didn't want to even have anything to do with him but she knew that he was the only one, who could help her at this stage. She had that pride but she brought it to the ground, because she had a bigger goal to accomplish and she was dead set to accomplish it all.

"Please have your seat, Mr Justin". Phillips said when he couldn't determine the winner of the staring contest. The silence was so suffocating, he almost couldn't breathe for air. So he opened up the windows while he watched Justin take his seat on the bed.

He stood, waiting for Nora to say something to her friend. He watched her watch Justin. He was expecting them to exchange greetings and compliments, a 'simple hello old friend' would do but Nora stayed silent and looked away from him. He knew he had to take the initiative.

"So... Umm...we are sorry for not letting you know beforehand about this meeting. Princess Eleanora here, was released from jail just last week and she's been here since then. But now this hotel isn't safe for her anymore for she's now dead to the world and suspicions will arise from my other family members if this floor is locked away from the outside world. 

I discovered she needs a safe place to stay yet hidden so her appearance wouldn't be leaked to the world at the same time, she's a woman and can't stay on her own for fear of dangerous-"

"I just need a place to stay for the mean time. I'll pay him. No need to paint me as an homeless person, Phillips. I wouldn't be there forever". Nora interrupted, straightening out Phillips words for Justin.