✴️ Chapter 23✴️: A spy in the palace.

This chapter is dedicated to @mayowa. Thanks for having faith in my books. Despite having a small account, you believed in my books and read it. You reading Last Pages to the end encouraged me more than you know. God bless you really good, darling.

"So since Phillips isn't the problem boss, who do you think-"

"Phillips might not be the problem but he knows who is". Dure answered, plopping down into his father's chair, throwing his head backwards so he could only view the ceiling.

"Keep an eye on Phillips. One of these days, he's gonna have contact with the person. I need you to get me a tech oriented person who can help me hack into his phone so that whoever he calls will automatically make it's way to my phone". Dure ordered.

"But how will you know it when you see it boss?"

"Trust me..." Said Dure, rising on his feet to get a glass of whiskey for himself. He's been trying to fight the urge to drink it but now he decided to drink it so he can relax. "I'll know. When it comes to hiding your partner in crime, no one is as good as I am". He completed, taking a sip from his glass of whiskey.

"Also, speaking of partner in crime, could you schedule a meeting with Queen Mary?" Dure asked Ameed, walking to the couch and sitting on it's arm.

"I did, boss. But she said she would be having a meeting with the board tomorrow, so you only meet after the meeting". Ameed responded.

"Uh. That's okay. Let her know I'll be coming to pay a visit as the ex-husband of late Princess Nora and she would receive me like the grandmother of the Princess Eleanora. Even though something in me tells me that witch isn't dead but let's play it fair this time. Phillips isn't one to be trusted you know. Speaking of that, I need you to contact a person for me from the royal prison. Her name is Diazebel". Dure ordered, Ameed nodding bringing a satisfactory laughter from Dure.

If he must know the truth of Nora's 'death' he might as well ask what happened in the prison the day she died. And thanks to Phillips, he knows exactly who to ask.
_________________________________✍️

You know that crazy feeling when you wake up and smile, that feeling when you're happy for no particular reason, you just find yourself smiling like an idiot?

Well, that's exactly how Justin was feeling, but in this case, we all know the reason he's happy. Smiling for no reason, he felt like a burden had been lifted up from his shoulders. Some call it waking up on the good side of the bed.

Like he had done the previous day, he was making breakfast for her. He watched her eat the day before, just watching her eat made him full. She didn't smile but at least she didn't put up her stoic expression or her pained glare while she was with him. She was still rude and arrogant but it was much better for him than having her ignore him.

He put the waffles in the plate and decorated it with some blueberries. He put the bowl of blueberries back into the fridge and smiled hard when he saw how full the fridge was. He had woken up quite early to get some groceries and just watching them sit in the fridge orderly amused him more.

"You'll make a great husband, Justin". He said to himself, winking at the fridge before leaping away.

He took the tray of breakfast he had prepared for Nora, leaped to the little bar he had built yesterday evening for Nora's wines while she was asleep and took a wine bottle before leaping out of the kitchen like an unbalanced wheel, luckily for him, he could get to the dinning on time before he spilled anything over.

Then he leaped to Nora's room to wake her up for she had been asleep since yesterday, but he was surprised to meet an empty bed with the door of the bathroom wide open.