✴️Chapter 7✴️: Humans just can't be trusted.

{Eleanora's P.O.V}

  The consistent tapping of her foot on the table, sitting right in front of my bed, where I was actually sitting down, my legs wrapped in a yoga style and my back resting on the wall, while the female doctor, locking my eyes with her, folding her arms over her bust and giving me the questioning look made me feel that this wasn't a friendly talk or therapy but an interrogation nevertheless.

She was trying to make me talk.

Which is a fruitless effort for I have made up my mind to keep silent no matter what.

After what humans did to me, I've promised myself not to trust any human. Including myself, cause I'm also human. Sadly.

  "My name is Dr Diazebel and I was transferred a few years back. My job is to find the reasons why the prisoners are here, help the prisoners gain back their mental health if needed be and if needed be, help them to be phycologically balanced before they get out there. And for some reasons, your story interests me. And I want to be your friend". She started, while I stared at her like I was staring at a blank Television screen.

A prisoner?  I'm a Prisoner? And you want to be friends with a prisoner? You think I'm a fool?

"So let's start a normal conversation. What's your name?" She asked me, releasing her busts from her tightly folded arms and placing those hands on her laps.

I didn't reply her. I just kept staring at her eager eyes that was itching for an answer from me. When it dawned on her that I wasn't going to reply, she said "It's okay. You can talk to me. I won't harm you. I just want to be your friend". She said, her eyes widened as she tried to convince me, that I could totally trust her.

Maybe she isn't that bad, after all. I thought as I decided to give her a benefit of the doubt. 

I patted my lips and was about to say my name while her eyes opened in pure eagerness, happy that words would soon roll out my tongue but I shut my mouth when my eyes caught something with the corner of my eyes.

  In her white coat pocket, was her phone. The screen was facing me and the light of the phone was really dim but I could still see the red line on the screen on the phone. The lines were moving in a straight line.

"It's okay. You can talk to me". She said more convincingly and I saw the straight red lines of the phone go in waves, like the lines you'll see on the heartbeat machine, showing that the person still has life in them. And at the bottom of those lines, was a huge red button.

She was recording our conversation.

A friendly conversation, she said. I have never seen a friendly conversation being recorded before. She looked so convincing and nice. She looked like she wouldn't hurt a fly. Once again, I was wrong.

"You can talk to me, Eleanora. You can". She urged further, trying to get me to talk at all cost.

Eleanora? If she knew my name was Eleanora why was she still asking me to say my name? Who exactly is this Diazebel or whatever her name is?

I can't believe I just tried to trust a human. I can't believe I just lowered down my guard for a minisecond.  I can't believe I just allowed myself to be fooled again.

"I love you, Nora. I love you to the moon and back".

"Wasn't it obvious I was using you?"

"You are the mistress, Nora. And no matter what you do, you can never be better than her"

"I just want to be your friend"