✴️Chapter 10✴️: Family Dinner.

{Dure's P.O.V}

"How's he?" I asked the nurse who just finished injecting a liquid into his drip. I knew for a fact that it wasn't poison. She was one of the Henia family nurses.

"He's stable for now but he's still under monitoring". She replied as simply as she could. Then with a little bow, she walked out of the room, leaving me alone with my unconscious father who has been having a serious battle with his lungs and blood pressure.

  I stared blankly at his unconscious body, the only thing that could be heard from the room was the heartrate machine. His face was extremely pale under the oxygen mask, seeming just like yesterday when he slumped from an heart attack. That happened six months ago. 

I took his cold hand into mine and rubbed my palms against his just to create heat by friction so his hand could be warm at least. He might be the most terrible man on Earth but one thing is for sure, he's my father and nothing can change that fact.

  "Are you still here with your father?" I didn't need anybody to remind me that was mum's voice.

  I nodded, gently dropping father's hand to his side as it was before. Mum walked towards me, stood beside me, her elbow resting on my shoulder and her perfume grabbing me by the nose. I tried so hard not to cough but couldn't hold it in any longer and coughed twice.

  "Your father would be fine, hopefully. Afterall, he did this to himself. Smoking Tobacco and drinking highly densed alcoholic drinks. What did you expect to come out of it?" Mum said so casually even though I knew she was saying the truth.

"You do know this is a parable for you son". She said to me, nudging me by the sides to get me to look at her.

"What?"

"Your father's state is trying to tell you to reduce your intake of alcoholic drinks. Whether you like it or not, it has a toll on your body". She said it like it was more obvious that the things we were currently seeing.

"I only take Alcohol when I'm troubled". I defended.

"I hear you son. I hear you".  Mum said as she turned around towards the door.

"There'll be a family dinner tonight. All Henias must attend. Either through marriage or through birth. All Henias". Mum said before walking out the door.

I understood what she was trying to say. She was trying to tell me to bring my wife and children and currently, Tina and I weren't in good terms. Let's not even go into why we aren't in good terms.

  I picked my phone and dialed Ameed. A bodyguard who has served me faithfully all these years alongside Lorenzo.

"Yes boss". His voice came on.

"Tell my wife that there will be a family dinner tonight. Tell her to get the kids and herself ready. I'll just come to pick them up and I don't want to be delayed". I passed the information, then hung up, not interested in what he was going to say next.

My hands raked through my hair nervously as I stood to my feet and walked out of father's room, shutting the door behind me.

  I walked to the kitchen to help myself to a glass of water. I was feeling dizzy for no known cause but I tried my best to keep my head high as I walked straight to the kitchen.

"So mum, what happened while I was absent?" I heard the voice loud and clear. It sounded incredibly familiar. But I shrugged it off, it wouldn't be who I was thinking it was.

There was no sound from the kitchen for a while.

"Mum, you've asked me this severally. I said I'm fine. I'm healthy. See"  the person spoke again  and the closer I got to the kitchen the clearer the voice. My mind told me who it was but my heart denied it, until my eyes confirmed it and I almost stumbled backwards.