✴️Chapter 35✴️: A christmas night to remember.

Annabelle and Nora sat in the cold garden, the green colors of the once so beautiful garden were now white  as the snow had descended heavily the night before.

   Both wearing their fur coats, they watched as Andrei Volkov, Annabelle's husband played with Antonio, Blu and Molly.  They were all playing in the snow, throwing snowballs at each other. While Annabelle cradled her toddler who was fast asleep in her arms, Nora couldn't help but notice how passionately Lisa and Indigo painted behind her. She seemed to be painting the snow fight that was happening in front of her and she looked so focused on it.

"You know I can't help but notice how much Dure's last born looks like him". Annabelle called Nora's attention to the Molly who was hit with two snow balls at the same time.

"It's the way the kids easily forgive each other that amazes me. The heart of a child is just so beautiful". Nora exclaimed, her eyes gazing back to Lisa and Indigo painting behind her.

"Yeah. We were once that way". Annabelle exclaimed as she finished the milk tea in the teacup.

Tina walked out with a tray of cookies in her hand, in which the children gathered round her to take a piece from.

"In this life, Nora. There are three set of people that must never go wrong" Annabelle began, pouring the hot milk tea from the teapot to the teacup. "They are, Parents. Spouse and friends"

"I don't understand what you're trying to say". Nora said, a little confusion evident on her face.

"The first is wrong parents. Your future depends on the type of parents you have. They're like the stepping stones to your greatness. Once your parents are wrong, then your foundation wouldn't be strong as it should. That's why we have so many delinquents out there. I was even one of those delinquents" Annabelle laughed before sipping out of her milk tea again.

"But you do know that children can't choose the type of parents they have" Nora reminded her.

"I know we can not choose the kind of parents we want but we can choose the kind of spouse we want.  That's where marrying right comes in. Having the wrong parents is bad, but having the wrong spouse is like continuation of suffering. Worse on so many levels. As a child, you can decide not to be like your parents or even decide to be better than them, but having a wrong spouse..." She trailed off.

"I understand that part more than you think. To have someone support your dreams and make up for the things you missed out on". Nora told her, finishing the tea in her cup before pouring out more for herself.

  "The third set are your friends. Having the right set of friends can make you forget your sorrows in the twinkling of an eye, support your dreams and goals and not be jealous of the progress you're making in life". Annabelle said to Nora before given a pained laughter.

"In my life, the only decision I made right, was my spouse. The rest are just wrong on so many levels. I'll forever be grateful I married my husband. He made me realize how faulty my foundation was" Annabelle said.

"I was actually surprised that you married him, you know. I actually thought you were in love with Ezra". Nora told her, getting a disgusted look from Annabelle as a result.

"Ezra? You actually think I was in love with that peasant? I was just following orders from above. That guy was never my type" Annabelle said to Nora, that look of disgust still evident on her face.

"It's funny how he died in the hands of those he was actually looking up to for protection. In my opinion, Phillips is more vile than Dure will ever be. Just one cup of Lacosa poison did the trick for him" Annabelle said non challantly.