✴️Chapter 22✴️:Dure, the maniac.

Sitting beside her unconscious husband, she asked the doctor for the sixth time since he arrived "How is my husband, doctor?"

"Like I said before, Mrs Henia, what your husband needs is a lot of rest. He also needs to cut down on the tobacco he's been taking in and to reduce his drinking. Instead of taking alcoholic drinks, water is more hygienic and safe and  that's exactly what your husband needs now because he's also dehydrated". The doctor replied her for the sixth time, the same thing word for word, but it still doesn't convince Tina that her husband is fine.

He's been so engrossed with his work nowadays, he rarely has time to sleep or even talk to her. He doesn't even have time for her, nor the Children. She already knew this day would come. A day when he'd work himself to exhaustion. What she didn't know was that he passed out from rage.

"I'm afraid I must take my leave now, Mrs Henia. You don't want me replacing your husband, do you?" The doctor joked but was replied with an ice cold frown from Tina.

"That was meant to be a joke... I'll just...take my leave". The doctor said, leaving her matrimonial bedroom, so she could watch over her unconscious husband who doesn't seem to be having a peaceful rest, as he has been sweating profusely and been jerking his head to each sides of the bed from time to time. Her continuous patting on his chest didn't seem to bring him any peace as his jerking only became worse and worse.

"Dure?" She called but her voice wasn't strong enough to wake him up so he could realize he was having a nightmare.

She was getting scared, she didn't want to lose her husband as she watched her husband shaking vigorously like an epileptic patient. She stood up and was just about to run to get the humorless doctor when she heard a hard gasp from her side and boom...her husband was back to life, shaking from top to bottom like he was bathed with cool water in a chilly weather.

This was why he hated sleep. The same fear that he'd see something he had been running away from. A fear that questioned his existence. A fear that even he, didn't understand.

Beads of sweat rolled down his face and neck, his roughened breathing still haven't found a pace of their own, and his eyes fluttering like the wings of a butterfly, he was looking round to be sure that the monster he saw in the dream didn't follow him out of his dream. The relief that washed over his heart when he realized that it was all a dream was like a burning body being put into cold water. But like a quenched burnt body, the pain was still lingering.

He looked at his wife, who had been trying to get his attention now for good few minutes. Whatever blocking his ears gave way to sound, so he could hear again. At least, hear the cries of his troubled wife who looked scared out of her wits.

"Are you okay?" She asked him, holding his face in her hands, one knee on the bed while the other standing.

"I'm fine, love". He replied, shrugging it off like nothing happened, his breathing become more stable than before.

"Dure, you were shaking vigorously like an epileptic person! And you say you're fine?!" She said to her husband, her worried eyes pinning her husband's in place.

"Where's Ameed?" He asked her, totally ignoring her care and love. Obviously her care couldn't find the missing trailers, or would it?

"Why are you looking for Ameed? Are you trying to get yourself busy again? I wouldn't allow it!" Tina said, stomping her foot on the ground to show her disagreement to his intentions.

But he pushed her away from him and she landed on the floor. He rose to his feet almost  I'mmediately, walked to his wardrobe and picked up a random shirt to cover his naked abs. Then he packed his golden hair to the back. He needed to pay someone a visit.