✴️Chapter 36✴️: Epilogue?

This chapter is dedicated to @LayTay13 for her real support. The comments were encouraging. The corrections were enlightening and the fact that you read my book actually means the world to me. Thank you darling. I really do appreciate it💙 .

Her eyelids fluttered open, to the white P.O.P above her, the strong smell of antiseptic embraced her nose and her ears could only hear the beeping of the heart rate machine.

Her body felt numb. She couldn't feel a thing. Her mouth was terribly bitter, like she had eaten a bag of bitter kola. She tried looking round to see what was going on but she couldn't even sit up on her own. She couldn't feel one bit of energy in her. She was terribly weak and the only body parts she could use was her eyes, nose and ears.

She heard footsteps walking over to her. She couldn't turn her neck to see who it was but she was hoping the person should come closer so she could at least see who the person was.

The person, indeed, walked over to her side. The person seemed to be checking her vitals. It was a nurse. Briefly, the nurse bent over her to open her eyes only to meet it opened. The nurse, scared out of her wits, almost fell on her butt in fear.

"She's awake!" The nurse kept saying, as she staggered to her feet and rushed out of the ward saying "The princess is awake"

Nora didn't understand what exactly was going on but she was happy to be back. She wondered how everyone was doing? How long she was gone? And how she even ended up where she was because everything was a blur.

Just then, she heard footsteps and voices "Are you sure she's awake?" A masculine voice said, walking closer to where she laid.

Suddenly there was a face hovering over hers, with a huge smile on his face. A stethoscope sitting boldly around his neck and his blue eyes glimmered with happiness.

"Welcome back, Princess. We're proud of you for making it through" The doctor said to her.

She patted her lips to ask questions but no sound came out.

"You've been in a coma for seven months. Now that you're awake, it would take a while before your whole body gets that signal. So relax, Princess. With time, you'll be able to ask all your questions and I'll give you an answer to it all" The doctor assured her, winking at her. While the nurse raised her bed so she could sit up. The doctor checked her eyes, checked her pulse then removed some tubes which had been connected to her body.

"I'm proud of you, Princess. That you pulled through" The doctor said to her one more time before walking out of the room, leaving her with the nurse.

"For the meantime, you won't be able to eat, your highness. Don't worry about that we already have an alternative for you. There would also be no visitors so you can have some rest". The nurse said to her while she was struggling to stay awake.

"I'll leave you to yourself, your highness". The nurse said, leaving her alone in the room, while she drifted off to sleep.
____________________________________✍️

Nora was more energetic than she originally was. She could now talk and move the upper part of her body. Her doctor was happy that he didn't disappoint the royal family and Nora was responding to treatment.

"Do I have any visitor?" Nora asked the doctor, as he disconnected the heart rate machine from the socket.

"Of course. Her majesty wants to see you. And some of your other friends". The doctor replied her.

"Her majesty?" Nora asked and the doctor nodded.

She was confused.

Her majesty? Who was given the crown while I was gone? She thought.