✴️ Chapter 33✴️:Knock, Knock... It's me. Karma. Can I come in?

Kneeling in front of Nanny with her head bowed to the ground, Nora couldn't help but feel ashamed. And so did Nanny. Maybe if she had followed Nora to her matrimonial home, things wouldn't turn out this way. And maybe if she had listened to Nanny back then as a teenager, maybe her story would have been slightly more different.

  Nanny sat on her arm chair while Nora knelt in front of Nanny as Nanny patted her back.

All that could come out of her mouth to comfort Nora was "It'll be alright". Nothing else seemed to fit.

The duo had a lot to say to each other but didn't know where to start, so silence was the only option for the two of them.

After almost three hours of staying in the same position, Nanny stood up and pulled Nora up with her. It took a while for Nora to feel her legs again after it went numb from kneeling.

Her old hands caressed her granddaughter's cheeks as she raised Nora's eyes to meet hers.

"I am happy to see you again". Nanny said after she had found the voice to talk to her but was surprised when Nora broke down finally. She had tried to fight the tears she swore she'd never shed but now, she was failing terribly at keeping it.

"Nanny... I'm sorry". She finally came to terms with that fact, falling unto the old woman's shoulder, as she wept.

"I've made bad decisions, I've suffered for it. Every night, I remember those days you warned me about...if only I listened" She lamented, her face buried deep into Nanny's shoulder as the only thing she could smell from the old woman was her menthylated balm.

"The important thing about mistakes is that we learn from them, my child. When we don't learn from them, then we're bound to repeat them" Nanny comforted Nora.

This beautiful love she felt was something she had always longed for. Someone to just hold her and hug her, someone to remind her, she's loved. Someone to cherish her and hear her talk all day without getting tired. She hasn't felt that in a really long time. Now thanks to Nanny, she could feel it again.

Nanny brought Nora to face her, wiping her tears away as she patted Nora gently at her back. "Don't cry, my child. Go freshen up and join us for dinner". Nanny said to comfort her, just so she'd be okay.

Then she walked Nora to an empty room and ushered her into the bathroom, before setting out neat brightly colored flare gowns for Nora to wear before heading to the kitchen to cook something for Nora. Nora's thin frame was enough to give her heart ache and she needed to fix that.

Mary was almost done cooking before Nanny came in.

"How's she, Nana?" Mary asked Nanny.

When Nora set her eyes on Nanny, all her emotions went loose. She fell to her knees right in front of her children before Mary took the initiative to take the kids away so that Nanny and Nora could have some alone time.

"She'll pull through. Like she always does". Nanny replied Mary before walking to the cabinet to get a pot for herself.

"I'm almost done cooking". Mary informed Nanny.

"I know. But all these food are not enough to pump that child back to her normal size. She's way to skinny for my liking". Nanny said before moving towards the gas cooker.

"What do you want to cook, Nana?" Mary asked Nanny who bent over to pick the two cubes of seasoning that fell down.

"Pumpkin pie and melon rice with chicken broth". Nanny replied.

"What about all these? Who will eat them?"

"You and the rest can eat them, but these ones are specially made for my grandchild and my great grandchildren" Nanny replied before playfully butt hitting Mary to the side, signalling her that she was now the owner of the kitchen.