✴️ Chapter 30✴️: The great reveal (2).

"Here you are. For a moment I thought you had disappeared". Annabelle said to her cousin, joining her on the balcony, who once again, was lost as she looked into the distance.

The winter was here, and the gentle snowflakes gently flew around, being carried like a breeze before finally dropping to the ground, one after the other, creating a white atmosphere. Nora's eyes were focused on the dark clouds, that had gathered, the gentle snow didn't fit it's outlook.

"Nora?" Annabelle called unto her cousin, holding a cousins folded arms over her chest to call her attention but Nora had heard her alright.

"We have the craziest weather, Anna. After the raining season comes the winter. No break in between. I heard it's not so in other countries". Nora said to Anna, who's attention was also drawn to the weather too.

Shaking her head after realizing she's been daydreaming, Nora looked at her cousin and asked "Your father gave you twelve days to get him what he wants. We're on the ninth day already, you already got it for him?"

"Just when I was admiring the dark skies, you had to remind me of my problems. I thought you've changed!" Annabelle complained, rolling her eyes and giving off some grunt sounds.

"Why are you even here? Aren't you supposed to be with your husband?" Nora asked, shaking her head and walking into the house.

Mary had laid out a tray of cookies and a bottle wine with two wine goblets on the centre table in the living room, waiting for Nora and Annabelle to walk in and dig in.

"Have you been called by a strange number lately or have you ever received an anonymous message, Nora?" Annabelle asked, following her cousin soon after into the apartment.

Nora gave Annabelle a questioning look before asking "Am I supposed to receive an anonymous message or call?"

"You haven't?"

"No". Nora simply replied as she took her seat on the couch, her cousin sitting on the center table next to the things Mary had prepared. "When last did you see Dure or converse with him?" Nora who had stretched out her hand towards the wine froze when she heard her cousin's question.

"It's not nice to-" She was cut off by Annabelle who held her cousin by the shoulder and shaked her cousin gently.

"Believe me, if it wasn't important, I wouldn't have asked!" Annabelle explained.

"Nine years ago, behind bars!" Nora replied.

"Nine years ago? That's a long time" Annabelle said to herself rising to her feet, before walking from point A to point B, trying to see what she could do next.

"All your pacing is making me dizzy, Anna. Jus tell me what's going-"

"It's been exactly nine days since grandma died"

" You're telling me that?"

"And her backbone hasn't even shown his head once".

"Her backbone?" Confused Nora asked worried Annabelle.

"I'm sure he's planning it big. So he can strike once and for all. He wouldn't spare my children or my husband. They had nothing to do with this. He'll render me childless and husbandless in a day-"

"CAN YOU JUST TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON?!" Nora yelled at Annabelle to get her attention. It was quite effective.

"Dure's main political support has been killed and he hasn't even showed up, don't you think that's strange?"

"He doesn't know I'm alive so I don't find it strange".

"HE HASN'T COME FOR ME, NORA! IT'S ME I'M TALKING ABOUT!" Annabelle exploded.