✴️Chapter 21✴️:The breakout.

Warning: In no way is self harm cool! Please don't try it at home. There will be self harm in this chapter, in case it triggers you, kindly skip to the next chapter. Thanks 💙.

   Nora sat on the couch, close to the standing reading lamp Justin had put beside the reading table and reading chair which was in between two couches, sitting right in front of her on the centre table were the jaded royal seal and the picture Phillips had sent earlier.  The sun rays were beginning to penetrate the curtains, lightening up the room, the reading lamp starting to surrender it's power to the power of the sunlight, while Nora remained in the same position, her elbows resting on her knees, her eyes fixed on the items before her as she looked lost into them, like they had sucked her soul into them.

  She had spent her night, staring at the items, trying to figure out why something as important as the royal seal would be found in Justin's rented apartment.  This thing in front of her, was the reason her grandfather died in the first place. What could the object that carried the fate of the nation, be doing in the house of a commoner?

The agony of asking questions that never gets answers! Just how much more was he hiding from her. How much more does she have to dig to discover that Justin never took her as a friend in the first place.

Nora grabbed her hair and pulled it, hoping it would get her the answers she's looking for. Her mind hasn't been at rest. She looked at the picture in front of her, also.

  She already knew what Phillips meant when he sent the picture to her. He wanted to totally paralyze Dure and clip his mighty wings but he couldn't do it alone. He needed her. He needed to use her.

Everyone is just using her! Every single person she called a friend, used her, lied to her, decieved her. Dure, Tina, Justin and now Phillips. They have all slowly pushed her to the wall. To a point of no return, even though she feared, that if she totally shuts away her emotions, she'd hurt innocent people.

But she was innocent too! She loved! She cared! She defended them blindly! But they still used her, lied to her and they don't even feel remorseful. Those that didn't use her, left her! Her father, her mother, her brother, her grandparents, even Ciara!

What angers her anytime she thinks about it, was Dure! Where did she go wrong? What did she do wrong? She supported his dreams. Even those she didn't understand. She stood by him even when she knew that what he was doing was wrong. She blindly trusted him! Everything that makes a wife a wife she did for him. So where did she go wrong?

There were so many questions in her heart. And none got answers which developed into anger  and made her lash out at things.

She had been calm the whole night but now that the sun was out, it was like her demon was awakened. She rose to her feet and smashed the standing reading lamp to the floor who's glass shattered into so many pieces. She knew she was about to cry, so she picked up a broken piece of glass and cut herself with it. She had promised herself, to shed blood than tears and she was going to keep to her rule.

  She watched as the blood flowed from her hand. The same hand she had used a hairpin to stab. The blood trickled down from her hand, hitting the floor and forming a trail as she took the royal seal into her room and hid under her pillow. She had heard footsteps at the door. She was so sure it was Justin and didn't want any conversation whatsoever with him.

  Three consecutive knocks came on the door which alerted Nora. Justin wouldn't knock on the door because he had the key to the door and Lucas wouldn't knock either, instead he'd call her before coming. So who was at the door?

Nora got on her feet and walked slowly and steadily out of her room to the living room, picking up a fork which was on the dining table as a way to defend herself from whoever was at the door. One could never be too careful.