✴️Chapter 2✴️: Eight years late.

{Justin's P.O.V}

I fell down for the hundreth time today. I was already frustrated, feeling more redundant than ever, I cursed under my breath and punched the floor with my tightened fists, hoping it would take my frustration away but it didn't.

"Mr Justin, I understand how frustrating this is but you need time to get back your mobility back. Your body needs time to get back into shape and realize that you're no longer in coma. You need to be patient with your body" I heard the physiotherapist say but that only angered me.

"HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE IT?! WE'VE BEEN DOING THIS FOR MORE THAN A YEAR NOW AND MY LEGS JUST WOULDN'T OBEY ME!" I lashed out at him.

"I understand. But you need time"

"I DON'T HAVE TIME IN MY HANDS, HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU NEED ME TO SAY THAT TO YOU?! I'M ALREADY EIGHT YEARS LATE!" 

"Mr Apen, leave him be. The patient needs some time to himself". James, who has been in charge of me said to my physiotherapist, who nodded and walked out of the room, leaving me alone with James, who tried to help me get back on my wheel chair but I aggressively refused.

I got up again, with the help of the bannisters which were close by and tried to walk on my own, without any help to the wheelchair, but again, my legs stiffened and I fell but this time, into the already stretched out hands of James. He helped me back to my wheelchair even though it was against my wish and wheeled me out of the therapy room. Throughout the journey, which was from the therapy room to my room, there was deafening silence. I was too angry to even start a conversation.

I was angry at myself. Angry at the nation and most of all, I was angry at Dure. The motherfucking bastard who I entrusted the love of my life too. The stupid nation that the Princess had wholeheartedly loved. And I, the most useless being, who just had to be unconscious when Nora needed him the most. A perfect combo of the redundant trio.

  My mind flashed back to when I just woke up, Mary and Nanny were at my side, muttering some words I couldn't understand. Mr Amos, the neurologist coming up to see if my brain was in perfect condition. They were all cheerful and grateful that my brain was in perfect condition till I asked for Nora, then they all froze and pretended to have busy schedules.

It wasn't until James came to visit, did he fill me in on all the information I had missed out on. I remember how I felt that day like it had just happened yesterday. Goosebumps grew all over me and since then, just thinking about Nora in jail made me want to leave this place and rescue her out of there. Since then, I've worked extra hard, day and night to be able to regain my mobility but for a year now, I still can't walk on my own and I don't want Nora to see me in a wheelchair. I don't want her to know what happened to me. I don't want her to think I'm weak neither do I want her to think I'm an unfaithful friend who abandons her at the time of crises.

"Justin?" I heard James call, flicking me out of my thoughts, back into reality.

"I understand how you feel. You hate not being able to leave this place to be there for the woman you love. Honestly, I get it. But you can't force or cheat nature. It gat to take some time, bro. It just needs time. You don't need to be losing your temper at a physiotherapist. He's only doing his job". James said, as he sat on my bed, while I sat hopelessly in my wheelchair, chewing my fingers, which has become a terrible habit of mine since I heard of Nora's incident.

"Besides, According to the law, Nora was supposed to be killed because it was confirmed that she killed her brother. Her own maid confessed against it". James reminded me again and that really hit a nerve. 

"That's my fucking point. Why Mary of all people?! Nora's love for Mary was sincere so what could have... I hate sitting here uselessly, fuck!"

"That. Isn't. My. Point. My point is, If they wanted to kill Nora a long time ago, they could have. They would have. Because the law says, whoever takes a life shall have his life taken away from him, so based on the law, she was supposed to be killed but she's alive. They only sentenced her to life imprisonment. Queen Mary announced her punishment herself and revoked Nora's Princess title. So, your babe is safe".