✴️Chapter 4✴️: No one is innocent.

{Justin's P.O.V}

I put each of my hand on the foreheads of my twins, Blu and Indigo. It feels so weird to say it that way but it is what it is. The two of them were down with a serious fever. They were burning up so bad, that I had to get a bowl of water with a big chunk of ice inside so I could be able to bring down the temperature of my sons.  They were still unconscious, but since the their doctor, Doctor Rajiv, An Indian doctor has assured me they'll be fine, I want to believe they will be.

  I moved closer, with the crunches I was using to walk around resting at the side of their bed, I looked closely at the two of them.

"You look so much like your mother". I whispered to them even though I knew quite well that they couldn't hear me because they were sleeping. But somehow, it was quite assuring to know I'm talking to my kids. Never in a million years did I even think I'll be a father one day. And even so, have my kids through the love of my life, but life just happened, giving them as a gift to me when I was back from my coma.

  "You're the greatest gifts nature has ever given me" I whispered to them again before Blu turned to face me, sleeping on his side. I caught a wimp of his blue eyes before he slept back again.

"Nature took its time to create you both. Having handsome kids, is the another great blessing". I whispered again.

"Stop talking like that to those kids or they'll think their father wants to eat them". I heard James say, as he walked towards us. I turned my head to look at him, as he was walking towards us with a smile.

"Lucky you. The boys are really handsome, more handsome than you can ever be". James teased as he sat on the bed, next to Indigo's legs.

"It has always been my wish to have kids that are greater than I currently am". I replied to his tease and he scoffed.

"You're just pained. You want no one to know that you wish to be half as handsome as they are". James teased again and I smiled, my left hand grazing through Blu's hair.

"There was a time I once wondered what Nora's Children will look like if she's that beautiful. Never for once thought my imagination would actually be realized. They are the splitting image of their mother". James said, massaging Indigo's little feet.

I smiled and with the help of my crunches, I stood to my feet.

"Since you're here, why don't you help me look after the twins while I go get some things sorted out?" I said to James, patting his left shoulder.

  "I won't be here throughout today, though. I need to get my father some of his drugs. Mary will be here soon enough. Let me wait for her". James replied me.

  "I don't want Mary anywhere near my kids". I told him spitefully, just the thought of her being near my sons is enough to make me break her bones.

"But she has been the one taking care of the kids before you even knew you had them". James pointed out. Even though he was stating the fact, I still didn't want Mary near my boys.

"Speaking of you and Mary, you both have a conversation you haven't even started". I heard someone say from the door.

Just then, Mary and Nanny walked inside, with Mary playing with the Hem of her gown, not for once looking up at me.

I was about to have a conversation with Mary when the twins passed out. At the same time. I was so perplexed and worried that I didn't know how or when I got to where their unconscious bodies laid.  I was almost at the brink of tears, fearing that they'd be taken away by the black hands of death but it was like cold water poured on my flaming heart when I found out that they were just having a terrible fever.  The incidence prevented us from having a conversation even though I knew we'd have it anyway.