Chapter 1; New Year, New Dynamics

Ok so my fourth year as a Gryffindor at Hogwarts! I'm a little nervous as I look over the castle as the train comes to a stop. Cedric sitting next to me stirs awake as the train slams brakes. At least it's not like last year with those ghastly dementors. Poor Harry Potter. Although he's practically a celebrity around here he's actually quite nice when I see him in commons. Speak of the devil, I see him rush past our train compartment to get his luggage, Hermione and Ron trailing not far behind. I think Ced hung out with them over break but he told me things took a turn for the worst and he's glad I was sick and couldn't make it.

"Excited?" Cedric gets out of the compartment and I follow.

"Eh, finally in the top half so I guess that's something to be happy about" Cedric grabs my bags and hands them to me, and then turns to grab his own.

"No no no" He chuckles. "You're in the middle, not quite the top, not quite the lower," He flashes his signature smile at me and I can't help but to grin back.

Cedric rubs my head and catches my eye for just a split second then starts walking towards our chariots. I feel heat rise to my cheeks as I follow him. He always can see the threstrels pulling them considering that horrible school accident his second year, but I insist on questioning him about them every year.

Elizabeth Westerson is in our carriage, of course, my best friend who's a year above me. She's a Hufflepuff like Cedric, they're close as well but I'm the connecter. She has on her favorite white dress that pairs nicely with her red hair.

Cedric's best friend Ralph Quinn is also in our carriage, he's sweet and has been close with Cedric since their first year. He's got brown curly hair and is wearing a brown sweater with black jeans.

Lionel Kade is riding with us as well, he's probably my closest friend in Gryffindor, not that I don't love everyone in the house I just prefer Cedric and his friends. He's a 5th year, and has got sleek short black hair and is wearing a nice G for Gryffindor sweater and black trousers.

Cedric is wearing a nice yellow long sleeve shirt to complete the suck-up Hufflepuff look. I personally went with a low-key grey pullover and nice black sweatpants. He's smiling at me and I can't help but smile back. I love being at Hogwarts with him. I turn to see the carriage behind us, Cho Chang is practically falling out to catch a glimpse of Cedric. I point and laugh as everyone turns towards her in the carriage, we all start to chuckle and Cedric tells us to shush before we ruin his chances.

What I didn't notice was that Draco Malfoy, in the carriage ahead, would take long glances behind him, to watch me. Cedric noticed. This is going to be an interesting year, to say the least.