Chapter 13; Wish He Was Mine

Cedric's "friend" from Ravenclaw is waiting for us, tapping her foot quite annoyingly. My smile drops.

"Cho Chang right?" I hold out my free hand to shake hers.

Her eyes flash back and forth between me, Cedric, and our hands still intertwined.

"I refuse to speak to you," She looks sternly at Cedric as I stifle a very obvious laugh.

Cedric nudges me and laughs just a bit too.

"You said she was just your friend?" Cho looks angry at Cedric.

"Yes she is, and so are you," Cedric straightens up and replies.

"But I thought we were together,"

"Exactly. You thought. Have I ever explicitly told you that?" Cedric looms over her, intimidating just a bit.

"No but-"

Cedric cuts her off.

"Then leave Allison alone. I know it's you trying to sneak her a confusing concoction." Cedric looks serious and I yank on his robe to pull him back to me.

What? A potion? That's a little low.

"What? No, I'm not! I'll admit I may have tried to leave her a puking pastille from Fred and George but never an actual potion!" Cho looks genuinely confused and I can't help but believe her.

"Leave Allison alone." Cedric turns still holding my hand and heads towards the quidditch pitch.

I turn around to see Cho working out what Ced just said. I too was a little confused, someone was trying to slip me a third year potion? I shake the thought as we pass Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle. Draco sneers at me and slides his foot out in front of mine. I trip on it, almost falling to my knees, my hand almost falls out of Cedric's, but he senses this and steadies me before I hit the ground. Draco laughs, Crabbe and Goyle chuckling as well. I look back with an angry stare, Malfoy shrugs his shoulders.

"Are you serious right now? Did you seriously just trip a girl? Were you never taught manners?" Cedric's face is once again stern and angry.

"I was, towards those who deserve it. Not half bloods and blood traitors." A smirk reaches Draco's lips and he walks away.

"You're seriously snogging him?" Cedric asks as we resume our walk to the pitch.

"You're snogging a girl who tried to give me puking candy, I don't want to hear it," He quickly smilies.

We finally make it to the waiting rooms, obviously, I have to leave him and go sit with Ralph and Liz so I pull my hand out from his. Cedric turns to look at me and quickly grabs it back. He brings my hand to his lips and places the lightest kiss on my knuckles.

"Good luck Ced."

I smile at him and quickly make my way to the stands. I sit down next to Elizabeth and as the teams walk out to play she leans over to whisper to me.

"So what're we doing for Cedric's birthday?"

Oh shit our birthdays were next week. Cedric will be 17 and I'll be 15. My birthday is one day earlier than his, September 28th while his is the 29th so he's technically not even two years older than me. Ideas for his birthday rush through my head.

"We could get a cake made and surprise him?" I meekly suggest.

Lionel looks over with a judgmental look.

"We can't just do that, that's extremely boring Ally, plus what he did for your birthday last year was on another level," Lionel protests from Elizabeth's other side.

Oh yeah. I woke up to a little conjured sprite of his that led me down to his gift of my favorite sweets and Hufflepuff gear he'd grown out of. I'd asked him for it much earlier but he insisted on keeping it. Then that day at lunch Cedric handed me a jewelers box with the most wonderful silver necklace. He enchanted it so whenever I want to hear his voice I just touch any part of the necklace. Only I can hear it, he made sure of it. It's full of phrases, like a Hogwarts painting of sorts. I wear it everyday and listened to it all summer when I wasn't with him. He's got to be the best wizard I know, not everyone can make a necklace such as that.

"Got any better ideas?" Before either of them could answer Madam Hooch starts speaking.

"These will be quick games! Up to 100 points, or whoever finds the snitch first! I want a nice clean game boys and girls," She quickly throws the ball up and hops on her own broom to referee.

Draco starts off after the snitch as Cho does. I really hope Draco gets it because I've grown tired of her.

I keep my eyes trained on him for the majority of the match. While flying past my section I could've sworn I saw him wink. Eventually, Slytherin wins, too boring of a game for me to actually describe it. Cho's a really shitty flyer so I felt good about that. Some groggy-looking Slytherin boys rough-housed a bit and got a penalty, the usual.

Then Hufflepuff and Gryffindor took the field. I watch Cedric scan the Gryffindor crowd, presumably looking for me and Lionel. He finally gives up and looks to the Hufflepuff side. His eyes light up as he sees us, still all thinking about his birthday celebration. I smile and give him a little wave of sorts. Cedric nods and looks on to the Ravenclaw team, Cho smiles and waves and he does the same.

A flutter of jealously runs through me as I look to see if Draco is anywhere nearby. I catch him going to showers and I excuse myself from my seat between Lionel and Elizabeth.

I mean he deserves to know that he played well? Yes. But that certainly wasn't my only motive at this point. Seeing him playing was just extremely attractive for some reason, maybe it was the way he flexed his muscles any time he reached for the snitch, or maybe it was the way his hair fluttered in the wind. Either way, I wanted to see him.

I find the showers while avoiding as many people as I can. Some I do pass by tell me Cedric is already on the field. I thank them and move more towards the showers.

I stand by the door the Slytherins are supposed to exit through, Draco was the first to leave the field so I shouldn't have to explain myself to anyone. When he finally does walkout, he looks good.

His blonde hair still wet and sloppy, his green Quidditch pullover thrown on in a hurry still exposing his lower abdomen, his black pants pulled up messily with the belt still unbuckled and his v-line very prominent. Everything is out of place, exactly the way he hates it.
If I were a weaker girl I would've succumbed and we would've been having sex right there honestly. But I would like to think of myself as stronger than that.

He spots me before I can move my eyes back to his. He grins and walks towards me. Out of view of anyone else Draco runs his hand under my chin and brings his lips to my ear.

"Are you trying to get yourself in trouble?" His voice is husky and makes my face turn pink.

As he pulls back to look at me, I let out a quiet "no".
It is so hard to even try to be composed when he looks like this. So I just stop trying. I bring my face to his and softly brush my lips against his. He grins against my lips and I feel his arm snake around my waist so that he can grab my ass. The kiss intensifies and he almost pulls a moan out of my lips and he knows it. Draco moves his face away and lets out a deep chuckle.

"You're so easy to tease," His hand moves back up my waist and up to my head, he ruffles my hair and heads off to the Slytherin Dungeon.

Was that an insult? A compliment? I run the possible meanings in my head as I make my way back up to my seat.