Chapter 30; No Where Near Where I Was Yesterday

I wake up to birds chirping on the windowsills. The memories of last night come flooding back. I feel arms wrapped around me and I soak it in. Any minute now, Cedric will wake up and we'll probably have to talk about what the hell we're doing.

"Allison I know you're awake," Cedric's morning voice bellows from behind me.

Ugh I hate his perception level. I turn over to face him with his arms still around my waist. I put my hands against his chest, bare chest by the way. He's got a toned chest with a pretty prominent abs. Feeling lucky this morning.

"How did you even know?" I open my eyes a smidge to see him smiling at me.

"You caressed my arms and moved your hips back into me." Cedric smirks at me.

"I was just figuring out what happened. No need to be flustered," I try and avoid his smirking gaze.

I feel hotness in my cheeks and I want to turn away and go back to bed but I can't.

"Of course. We have to get up soon, we both have classes today," Cedric smilies and starts to move his arms away from me.

"Can't we both say we're sick and just stay here? Forever maybe?" I smile at him and pull his arms back around me.

"You're so bad Allison," Cedric chuckles and moves a strand of hair out of my face. "Being sick would automatically turn into they hooked up or they have hangovers. We can't have that," Cedric moves his arms away from me and all I can do is sigh because he's right.

"You know if you weren't snogging Draco I would've considered it," Cedric says from in front of his dresser.

"You started snogging Cho first. Hypocrite," I roll my eyes and stretch out on his bed.

"You're really pretty when you first wake up," Cedric's eyes meet mine and I roll my eyes at him again.

"You're so funny. I've got bad makeup on, my hair's a mess, and I have on last night's skirt with your hoodie," I say as I get up to collect my belongings, I start in front of him and pick up my wrinkly shirt.

My head rises back up and Cedric reaches out and cradles my cheek. His thumb moves back and forth.

"I mean it," Is all he says and he drops his hand and we move on with our morning.

"Ralph!" I pounce him, still completely asleep.

"Bloody hell Ally. It's barely morning," Ralph complains and covers his face with the covers.

"Ralph breakfast is open. Let's go please," Cedric says across the room.

I know why he's stepping in. Ralph's had a rougher life than some. Parents were killed by Fenir Greyback and was raised by his grandmother. During his third year, she unexpectedly passed and he fell deep into a depression that lasted months. One day, Ced decided he'd had enough and started motivating and pushing Ralph to become the best version of himself. That's why they workout and how they both made the Quidditch team their fourth year.

I head into the boys' shared bathroom. I look in the mirror and flick my wand to fix my hair and then I wash my face.

Cedric came into the bathroom and shut the door.

"Listen I think we should-" I turn around to say only to be interrupted by Cedric's lips touching mine.

It felt exactly like getting struck by lightning.

I lean into it just a bit but then I pull back.

"I just had to Allison. I don't care what you think of me. I just needed to do that, for both our sakes," Cedric looks downwards, like a kicked puppy.

Fuck this, fuck it all to hell.

I grab both sides of his stupid face and kiss him. It wasn't a deep kiss but it sure as hell was passionate.

"We can't do that," I say with my hands still holding Ced's face.

"Why not? Allison, I made a mistake choosing Cho at the beginning of the semester," Cedric pleads with me, his eyes overfilling with hope.

"You made your choice and I became second to her in your life. You're going to have to live with your choices," I feel tears well up.

This isn't what I wanted at all. I wanted to keep Draco and Cedric but now I've got to distance myself from one to spare all of our feelings.

"No, no,no. There has to be another way Ally please," Cedric grabs my hand with tears in his eyes.

"Ced you know better," I smile at him.

"Allison I can't lose you because of this either. Please the kiss was a mistake, one I don't regret but I can't lose you," Cedric's face is full of hurt.

"You know we have to have some distance. We can't be this close," I motion around us. "This is too tempting. I've been wanting to kiss you for the past week due to this," I motion again. "You know that we need distance," I smile at him again and caress his cheek with my thumb.

"We can try harder?" Cedric asks.

I chuckle. "Cedric the harder we try, the worse it gets."

"You've still got to come to Hufflepuff and sit with us for meals," Cedric clenches my hand tighter.

"Occasionally, but this is the last time we tempt ourselves," I grimace at the thought of distance between me and Ced but it's what's best for now.

I quickly head back over to the mirror to make minor adjustments before I head out. Cedric follows me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Just one more time?" He looks at me through the mirror.

I turn around and embrace him. He kisses my head and starts to run his fingers through my hair.

"I should've just agreed to be sick with you," Cedric laughs.

"We would've ended up in the same situation. It's ignorant to pretend we're innocently friends," I smile up at him.