Chapter 42; Champion Selection

Something bad is about to happen. I feel it in my gut. I sit across from Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. The twins on both sides of me. My foot is tapping rapidly as Dumbledore prepares us for the champions' choosing. I take a peek at Cedric to see a grin a mile wide. I- My mouth falls open and I turn back quickly. I scan the table in front of me, anything to rid the thought of Ced in the tournament.

"The champion from Beauxbaton!" A dainty circular paper flies out with singes on it.

Dumbledore opens it carefully.

"Fleur Delacour!" The section of the Ravenclaw table given to the Beauxbaton erupts in cheers as a blonde tiny looking girl makes her way to Dumbledore.

"Now Durmstrang's champion!" A singed slip flies to Dumbledore's hand.

"Viktor Krum!" All the tables cheer for the Quidditch legend.

The burly boy walks to Dumbledore, shakes his hand, and heads after Fleur.

"And finally! The Hogwarts champion!" I clench my fist as I send out a singular prayer that Cedric isn't chosen.

A folded slip of paper flies out, singed just like the others. I feel chills up my spine.

Dumbledore opens it and smilies.
"Cedric Diggory!" Hufflepuff table roars as the rest of the hall claps.

I even see Draco clapping with his Slytherin friends. Wholesome.

I see Ralph pushing Cedric to the front, Ced's genuine smile could be seen across the room. He shakes Dumbledore's hand and his eyes meet mine. He runs down my row and stops when he gets to me. He wraps me in a tight hug and heads out to where the other champions are.

"Excellent! Our three champions have been chosen! But in the end, only one will be the victor! The one to take home the beautiful Triwizard cup!" Cornelius Fudge unveils it as Dumbledore smilies.

Now it looks like my goal is to help Ced survive, my mind wanders-

What the fuck.

The goblet turns red and spits out another piece of paper. This isn't supposed to happen, one champion from every school, right? Dumbledore reaches out and mutters a name. Then he shouts it.

"Harry Potter!"

What? I look across the table and see Harry look just as confused as us. Harry stands then sits, I hear Professor Hagrid mutter something.

"Harry Potter!!" Dumbledore bellows across the hall.

A fear-stricken Harry is pushed forward by Hermione. The Hall is silent as Harry grabs his slip from Dumbledore. How the fuck? Harry walks to the meeting room and someone points out the obvious.

"He's not even 17 yet!"
"He's a cheat!" Two people shout.

I can promise you the look Harry just had proved his innocence. He looked like a deer in the headlights. No clue of what was happening. If he had orchestrated it, his face would've let on but it didn't. I see the professors eyeing him. As he leaves, the professors follow. We all hear shouting and glance across the room, wondering what we're supposed to do now.

"Party at Hufflepuff!!" Ralph shouts.

"Partee at ze ship!" Says one of the Durmstrang boys.

The room dispersed into three or four groups. Those who had to go back to their dorm, those who wanted to party with Durmstrang, those who wanted to party with Hufflepuff, and those waiting in the Great Hall to see if Dumbledore would come back and explain.