Chapter 15; Finally, a Party

Commons erupted in cheers as Cedric entered. His eyes stayed on me, the sympathy pouring out. We smiled and he brought my hand to his lips and gave it the softest kiss. Cedric slowly lets go of my hand and walks towards Ralph and some other Quidditch players including Anthony Rickett and Michael McManus, the beaters with Ralph and Heidi Macavoy, Malcolm Preece, and Tamsin Applebee, the chasers.

"Our captain!" Ralph cheers as he hands Cedric a drink.

I see Michael try and catch my gaze. We kissed once when I was a second year, him a third. Safe to say things can be awkward with him. I shoot him a smile and start to scan the room for literally anyone I know. I see a red jumper sitting on a leather chair. I go and sit on the arm of the chair.

"Crying? Was Snape that mean?" Lionel doesn't even look at me as he says this.

"Yeah, said my Potions paper was the worst he's ever read," No one really needs to know about my Dad.

Cedric's eyes catch mine, again full of sympathy and worry. I give him a little smile and wave. He smiles and turns back to listening to whatever story Ralph is blabbing about.

"Cedric really ditched the beginning of this party to listen to your grades. He cares a lot," Lionel sounds tired and exasperated.

"Yeah, he does," I smile to myself and remember how warm Cedric's words and hug were.

Lionel nudges me.

"How'd it go with Malfoy?" He meets my eyes this time and seems genuinely interested.

"It was good obviously, very touchy," I laugh to myself.

"Gross," Lionel turns back to the party, he's more of a people watcher than others.

My eyes trained on my feet shoot up when Elizabeth knocks into me.

"Hello? It's a party! Stop moping!" She hands me the commons drink of the day.

I take a sip and put on a fake smile for her. It's quite mellow compared to others I've had here. Though the gulp I drank was enough for me to start feeling a little tingle in my legs. Elizabeth takes my open hand and leads me to where some people are standing. I see Harry and Ron snuck into the party. Understandable, every house knows Sprout doesn't care as long as it's cleaned up. Fred and George are also here. I see Elizabeth give them a look. I wave at them, although we've never been formally introduced I hear they're loads of fun.

We get to the group of people Elizabeth wants me to see and it's just her boring roommates and a couple of fifth year Hufflepuff boys. I drink more of this concoction. I secure my hand around my drink and head towards Fred and George, who are casually leaning against a wall.

"Allison," One says as I close in on them.

"Northcott," The other chimes in.

"Fourth year Gryffindor," the first one adds.

"Enjoys the company of Cedric Diggory," the second goes on.

A light blush fills my face.

"Also Draco Malfoy's in secret," one of them whispers.

I hit him on the shoulder. He smiles and holds out a hand for me to shake.

"I'm George, this is my brother Fred. Heard about you through the grapevine of course," I shake George's hand.

Fred offers his.

"I'm Fred, George's better-looking twin," He smiles and I shake his hand.

"I'm Allison Northcott," I say to both of them.

"Oh we know, you kinda popped up on our radar this year, drama surrounds you," George says.

"Well we have been in the same house for four years," I scratch my head trying to make the awkwardness of the statement go away.

"Have we? We could've sworn you were a Hufflepuff the way you're attached at the hip to them," Fred laughs and nods over to Cedric.

I turn and he's glancing our way. I turn back towards George and Fred.

"You guys know everything huh? But still sold puking pastilles to Cho Chang to basically poison me," I roll my eyes remembering our conversation this morning.

"Listen when a Weasley Wheezes item is sold," George holds a hand up as if pledging.

Fred throws his hand up and finishes the sentence.

"We have no control over what the customer does or doesn't do with the product."

I let out a tiny laugh and take another sip of this drink. They're pretty funny guys, I understand why half of Gryffindor idolizes them.

"Well then would you look at that George?" Fred asks.

"I see it, not surprising at this point. They snog at team practices," George smiles at me.

I turn to see Cho under Cedric's arm laughing at whatever joke Ralph is making. Cedric goes in for a kiss. I look away. It's none of my concern. I take a big gulp out of my cup to realize it has a refilling charm so I will never run dry. I quickly take another swig.

"Look at that Freddy. She's jealous," George comes closer to me and pats my cheek.

"So jealous," Fred smiles and grabs my hand that was turning red.

"Am not!" I say with anger.

"Hm well your little red face is telling a different story," George's hand still has not left my face.

"George look at her, even her hands are red," Fred still holding my hand out.

To an observer it looked as if I was some rare animal the Weasley twins were intrigued by, holding my hand and touching my face with such grace and care.

"Allison? Fred and George? What is even happening?" Harry Potter's slurred voice comes from behind me.

"Nothing!" I pull my hand and face from their grasp.

Fred and George chuckle to themselves, pick back up their cups, and fall back into their place against the wall.

I turn to Harry to see his hair all ruffled with the commons drink wafting off his breath. I smile at him and start to smooth back out his hair.

"Thanks Ally but I like it messy," Harry gives me the sweetest intoxicated smile.

"I don't want McGonagall killing you when you go back to commons" I continue to straighten him up as he just looks down at me smiling.

"Thanks Ally, see you in class tomorrow?" Harry tries to look nonchalant as he walks away.

"We don't have class tomorrow!" I say loudly behind him so he can actually hear me.

The bustle of the party has gotten quite extreme, I guess the twins really did distract me. I think about what I would like to do now as I absentmindedly sip.

I look over at Cedric, fawning over his Quidditch mates and Cho. My problems probably left his mind a half hour ago.

I look to see Elizabeth in the corner with the same people, all of them absolutely wasted.

Lionel still sitting solemnly in the armchair. Saying nothing and ignoring everyone.

I think about the one person who I care about who is not attending this party. I quickly slip out of Hufflepuff commons, unbeknownst to anyone present.