Chapter 21; Bashing a Skull in

"Today we'll be taking it easy and looking at celebrity culture in the muggle world. Can anyone name a famous muggle?" Professor Burbage asks.

My hand shoots up immediately.

"Yes Ms.Northcott?"

"Frank Sinatra?"

"Excellent! Now what is he famous for?"

"Movies?"

"I guess you could say that," A look of uncertainty or disgust comes my way.

Muggle Studies. One class I'm not too gifted in even though I grew up with one around. There was no room in alchemy this year, leaving me with this drag. Quite boring in my opinion, who really cares how those without magic behave? Yes let them live out their life, I'm not purist but come on, an entire class dedicated to them? Not sure it's that important.

When that class ends I feel weight literally lifted off my shoulder. I put the thin book back into my bag and leave towards the courtyard. I see Cedric in the hall. I rush after him but he narrowly avoids me. What the hell. I turn the corner to see he isn't avoiding Cho. They're talking? She looks angry. (when is she not?) None of my concern I tell myself as I turn towards Herbology. I sigh as I remember the stairs I have to take to get there.

I feel a person following me as I go along. I turn off the steps into a currently empty hallway. I turn around to catch this person. Draco's grin looks back at me.

"I wouldn't mind if you stopped creepily following me," I smile as he pulls me near him.

"Just wanted to see the birthday girl. Is that a crime?"

"In some countries." I almost laugh.

We kiss. Draco, passionate as ever, makes my heart do cartwheels. His hand slides up my back to the back of my neck, pushing me into the kiss more. His lips move to my neck, pulling low moans from my mouth. He brings his head back up to grin at me. A small kiss on my forehead and he lets go and heads towards our shared Herbology class.

When I head in Sprout immediately turns to me.

"Well happy birthday my dear!" She smilies and swoops me into a hug.

I hug her back, thinking about how much love I have for this professor. Sprout heads towards her desk and flicks her wand to open up a locked drawer. She pulls out a Hufflepuff pin.

"My gift to Hufflepuffs but you're basically mine so here you are," She hands me the little pin with a little badger engraved and a happy birthday message along the top.

"It's wonderful Professor, thank you so much!"

"Of course, now get to your seat please," She smiles and takes her place at the helm of the room.

Sitting in front of us, our personal bubotuber pus plants. Still developing, Sprout drones on about the properties. I hook the Hufflepuff pin on the inside of my robe, I smile to myself.

As class ends Professor Sprout stresses the importance of reading our herbology book. Neville left with a smile and a borrowed book from Sprout. Draco almost fell asleep, meanwhile, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were gossiping about the Tournament.

When I step out of the room I see Cedric waiting. "Thank god" my brain yells. I smile at him and when our eyes meet he walks away. I follow him til he turns down a hallway. I give up and solemnly head back to the Great Hall for an early lunch.

I sit in between Fred and George who are definitely skipping to be here.

"Ally, come to see us again huh?" One of them says.

"Fred I think she missed us," George nudges me towards Fred.

Newly identified Fred ruffles my hair and hands me a grape from the middle of the table.

I smile at him and pop the grape in my mouth. I scan the rest of the food and grab a piece of chicken, a couple of strawberries, and some pieces of celery.

I taste the chicken, dry as hell.

"Fred how many eyes do you say we got on us?"

"Currently George? 4, definitely 4,"

I turn to see if I can tell who they're talking about.

"Freddy you're oblivious. We've actually got 6,"

I look around nonchalantly. Nobody was looking at us. Are they paranoid? Suddenly one of the twin's hands slips under my chin and pulls my gaze towards the doors of the Great Hall. There he stood, his eyes drilled on me. Cedric. I fight the urge to run up to him and confront him, I would probably only hurt my own feelings. His eyes flash with worry? pity? when looking at Fred and George.

"Should we kiss her George? Make him more jealous than he already is?" Fred eyes my lips.

A blush rushes to my face.

"Aw Fred can't you see? Sitting with her is more than enough," They both smile.

I move my head out of George's grasp and look back down at my food. George taps me and points his thumb down the table, to Angelina Johnson. Giving me the death dagger eyes, I immediately tap on Fred and point him towards her. He waves and she turns away in a huff. Ok, so that's 4? Who is the last pair?

"Don't make it too obvious but check out the Slytherin table, see if you catch anyone's eye," Fred chuckles beside me.

I turn slightly and my eyes flash past Draco, he's not looking at me. Then who? I turn the other way and I feel it, the tingle on my neck when you know you're being watched. Pansy Parkinson, heading back to her spot, is giving me major "I'm going to kill you in your sleep" vibes.

I face Fred and George and frown.

"Don't look so sad, you've got us. And as owners of Weasley Wizard Wheezes, we offer you a humble birthday gift," Fred hands me a little box.

I pull the ribbon off the top and the box unfolds to present a Happy Bubble Box. I inspect it with caution.

"No need to worry. It's a tea. We thought you'd enjoy it." George smirks.

"Thanks, guys. I've gotta go though. You know birthday things!" I awkwardly laugh as I get up and leave quite quickly.

I see Cedric still at the door. I take a deep breath. Maybe it's all a misunderstanding. I reach him.

"Hey Ced where have you been?" I ask politely as possible.

"Classes. Ally? Can't you see I'm busy?" His harsh tone makes me take a step back.

I feel tears threaten to well up but I get out of view before anyone can tell. I immediately head to Gryffindor commons. He wasn't even doing anything. Just standing there, Ralph behind him.

Fuck him. Honestly not to be that person but it's my birthday? I mean if you want to be rude please do it another day. All I think about is Cedric on my way up to my room. I don't even notice anyone in commons, I hope no one tried to talk to me. I make it to my bed and lay down. I feel sobs reach my chest and again I find myself crying. Don't get the wrong impression, I'm not a crybaby bitch. I'm just fucking sensitive and it hurts when someone you value so much is mean.