Chapter 32; Win For Me

I was awoken by the sound of the bustling commons. I had slept through the day! That was probably very good for my health since I have no clue what I'm doing this weekend. I can hear muffled voices through the floor.

"How awesome will Victor Krum be in person?" One male-sounding voice yelled.

It's the Tournament announcement today. I pull off my blanket only to realize I had fallen asleep with Cedric's quilt.

I get out of bed and see that I'm almost completely naked. I pick out my black sweatpants and a red sweater. I pull on my muggle sneakers and head downstairs.

When I enter commons the room is fuming to the brim with people, definitely not all Gryffindors. I see Fred and George selling candy and whatnot in a secluded corner. Then my eyes scan to see Harry, Hermione, and Ron sitting on the big window sill. Edmund reeling in Cormac from some girl. Ew. As I'm contemplating who to approach I feel an arm grab me.

I'm pulled into the secluded corner I just saw the twins in.

"What the hell?" I ask loudly.

"You were just standing there like a klutz. Freddy said I should grab you so we can talk," George smirks.

"Yeah, we missed you today," Fred smiles at me.

"Aw that's sweet guys. I was sick this morning so McGonagall let me stay in the dorms for the day," I smile at both of them.

"God you missed so much," Fred muses.

"Really?" I look up at him and ask.

"We're just messing with you. Tonight is going to be another story though," George smilies.

"I was wondering if I could sit with you guys for dinner," I look down.

"What's wrong with goody boy Ced?" Fred asks.

"Nothing. I'm sure Dumbledore wants us sitting with our houses for such an important dinner," A little blush hits my cheeks.

"Are you alright?" George lifts my chin.

"Of course," I laugh nervously.

"Your face is a little red hun," Fred rests his fingertips on my cheek.

"I'm still sick guys," I move my head away from them as a stronger blush sets in.

" Oh yeah Dumbledore said robes for dinner are mandatory," George says as McGonagall enters to collect us.

"Shit," I run up the stairs and slam into my room.

I pull off my clothes and pick my school clothes off the ground and hurriedly throw them on. I place my wand in my cloak and I run back down the stairs.

I jump in line as the last person is leaving. As McGonagall closes the door I look down at my shoes. I pulled my skirt on around my sneakers and totally forgot to change them. I give an embarrassed smile to Professor McGonagall when I realize she's looking at me.

"Hogwarts students! You all have been jittery about the hosting of the Triwizard Tournament! I'm pleased to announce the commencement starts now! Welcome the ladies of Beauxbaton!" Dumbledore booms across the Great Hall.

A flutter of beautiful white girls walk slowly through the hall, butterflies exuding from them. Is there no diversity in France? That's quite embarrassing. They sit after they've charmed every boy that's hit puberty.

"Welcome the men of Durmstrang!" Dumbledore booms.

Men with buzz cuts walk out, all very buff and sure of themselves. There is no smiling from any of them as they bang their magic sticks against the ground. Kinda barbaric in my opinion. I see Victor Krum trailing the pack with their headmaster I assume.

"They're hot, huh George?" Fred speaks above my head.

"Not my type Freddy," George replies without even turning towards his brother.

They take their seats and a Ministry of Magic official heads to the podium.

"Hello all! I am Barty Crouch and I am here to announce some new rules the ministry has enacted!" Barty smiles and pauses, presumably for applause but it doesn't come. He unrolls a scroll and clears his throat.

"Those 17 and above are allowed to participate in the Tournament. This is due to severe injuries and deaths that have happened in the past to younger students. Professor Dumbledore will enchant the Goblet and no one under 17 shall be able to enter their name. Furthermore-," Old man gets interrupted by the shouts and groans of hundreds of students.

I breathe a sigh of relief. Not one of my friends will be able to compete. I smile to myself and look over at Hufflepuff. I catch Cedric looking at me and he's got a grin wider than ever before. Fuck. He can compete.

"Are you kidding me Fred? We don't even get a chance to see Ally humiliate herself as Hogwarts' Champion?" George ruffles my hair.

"Let alone ourselves. What rubbish!" Fred yells.

I hear Ron distinctly cursing farther down the table.

"Silence!" Dumbledore commands the entire room.

Did the Durmstrang and Beauxbeutons know about this? All the students seemed 17 and above. That seems kind of unfair if they already knew.

I wasn't focusing so Fred and George pulled me up to a standing position as Dumbledore made us recite the Hogwarts song.

I mumble my way through the lame outdated song as people like Harry sing to be heard.

We sit back down and finally the feast has arrived.

"I'm excited to get to know those girls!" I hear many variations of this across the table.

I roll my eyes as I soak in my own silence. I'm pulled out of it by a nudge to the stomach.

"Ally we like you much more than those new girls," Fred smiles down at me.

"Thanks Freddy," I smile.

"Oi did she just use your pet name? You two are basically married now," George kicks Fred under the table.

I blush quickly and then excuse myself for the bathroom.

"Hurry back," George smirks at me.

I head into a private bathroom and take a quick seat on the floor. I breathe in and out for a few minutes. Honestly, I'm not sure what's happening. My breathing becomes heavier and my heart races. I start to feel the urge to scream but I know it's unnecessary. I glance at the toilet wondering if I'm going to vomit. The realization sets in.

I was having a full-blown panic attack. About what? My mind races and with it my breathing. I heave as I start to think about the stress that's been piling up. Cedric, school, Draco, tournament, all these things rush around my mind. Fuck. I don't know how to handle any of these situations. I can't seriously expect myself to stay away from Cedric? I also am so fucking pissed he can enter his name in the Goblet. Draco, I don't even know. I mean yes I enjoy his company and he's quite the kisser but do I want to be with Cedric? Honestly, I don't know and this is what plagues my mind.

I hear a knock on the door.

"Um can you hurry up?" a girl questions from the other side.

"Fuck," I whisper under my breath.

I get up and brush off my cloak. I'm a mess. I open the door to see an unusually skinny older Ravenclaw. She meets my eyes and shoots daggers. Wondering what I did that was so horrible, I start my trek back to my seat.