Chapter 10; Are You Alright?

I had run up to Gryffindor to grab my books so I could study a bit while I hang in Hufflepuff. I also changed into my Gryffindor pullover and skirt. While walking down a long hallway that was on course with Hufflepuff commons I see Draco walking towards me. He's got a mischievous smile on his face and I blush as he locks eyes with me. He passes me and the tension subsides, that is until he grabs me by the waist and pulls me into a secluded corner. I blush heavily and he grins at me.

"How have you been Allison? Saw what you were wearing to breakfast, I wouldn't allow that if I were Cedric," Draco slips his finger under my chin while still holding me by my waist right up against him, his dick right against my pelvis.

"For the last time we're not together," I roll my eyes at the pale-haired perfect looking boy standing in front of me.

"Prove it," Malfoy smirks and I know what he's asking for.

I quickly take a peek at our surroundings, I see no one. I turn back to Draco and softly plant a kiss on his lips. I pull away to see him wanting more. I smile to myself. His eyes flutter open and I look away. I unravel myself from him and grab the books I just left in the hall. I'm now about five feet from him as he leans his arm against the wall while staring me down.

"You know, I can have you if I want," He looks me up and down and smirks again.

Harry Potter turns a corner to be in the same hallway as us. I push my hair behind my ear as he starts jogging towards us.

"Allison it's good to see you," He gives me a genuine smile. "Do you happen to know where Fred and George are?"

"Ron's older brothers? The twins? No, sorry but I did see them at breakfast I think," I smile back at him and he nods his head processing this information.

Harry then turns to Draco, I can feel the rivalry down to my bones, it's very tense then finally after what feels like an eternity of seeing who's going to throw the first blow Harry jogs off.

"God what a prick," Draco shakes his head and walks towards me. "You heard what I said before he interrupted, right Northcott?" When he reaches me he picks my chin up to make me eye level with him.

"Have me? Sounds intriguing," I bite my lip as I see his face flush with lust, it disappears quickly.

"You're an idiot," Draco's face has just a tint of red to it but his words and face are as demanding as ever.

"Hm we'll have to see Malfoy," He lets me go and I head on my way to Hufflepuff.

When I do arrive at commons, it's a very mellow room, not too much energy but not too gloomy. Cedric looks up from the book he's reading and gets up to greet me. I smile and give him a tiny hug, he plants a kiss right on my forehead. The butterflies intruded my stomach quickly.

I sit down next to him and crack open a book given by Professor Moody, who if I do say definitely has something wrong with him. I keep looking up to watch Cedric, his eyes catch mine sometimes and the butterflies do a somersault.

After a bit more of visually flirting with Ced, I put my head down only to have my thoughts drift off to Draco and the ways he would have me, then my mind wanders to Cedric and how sweetly he's been treating me. Honestly, I have no idea what to do with either of them, and the Triwizard Tournament is approaching quickly, Cedric is very excited. I will say I'm a bit scared, people have died in the Tournament.

I lift my head at the sound of the entry door opening only to see, Cho Chang? She runs towards our table and plants a kiss on Cedric's cheek. I make eye contact with him, a quizzical look on my face. He shrugs his shoulders and sheepishly looks away from me.

What. He's with Cho? He literally just kissed me, on the forehead but still. I feel betrayed in a way, I don't know, maybe I want him.

I grab my book and stand up to leave as tears threaten to spill out. I see Elizabeth just now entering commons from her dorm but I just nod towards Cedric and she gives me a wave goodbye. I walk out towards the Dining Hall to see if there are any snacks sitting out, I see Harry and Hermione studying while picking away at the table's supply of licorice.

I turn to the table next to them to see Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy all sitting together. They're not studying so I give in and walk towards Harry to get a closer glimpse at the paper they're holding.

Harry turns to greet me and I smile, trying to keep the tears at bay, and plop down next to him. I lean over him to give a quick introduction to Hermione.

"Hi I'm Allison!"

"Yes of course! Friends with Cedric? He was talking about you while we were at the Quidditch World Cup," I smile as I think of him talking about me to her.

"Speak of the devil," Harry says as a smile spreads across his face.

I turn towards the entrance to see Cedric approaching me quickly, when his eyes catch mine an empathic look passes. When he reaches where we're sitting I look away from him. He stands next to me, I know the look he has on his face, his pleading face.

"Ally, can we please talk?" I don't budge and I hear him sigh.

"Please Allison? It can be explained away," I look up at him with a scolding glare.

Explain away two weeks of flirting then you turn up with another girl, I'm sure any dimwitted girl at Ced's feet would be excited to hear what he has to say but I'm not interested.

"Fuck off Ced," I whisper never changing my aggressive facial expression.

I look back down at my book but I can still feel his begging stare.

"You don't get to be like this, we're not together, you have no right to be upset with me," Cedric runs his hand through his hair.

"Can you please stop?" I don't look up from my book but the embarrassment turns my cheeks pink.

"No since you don't want to be civilized with me, I'll go on," He stands there ready to keep on.

"Can't take a hint Diggory?" I hear Draco's voice interrupting him and I feel protected in a way.

"This is none of your concern Malfoy," I raise my head to look back at Draco and he's seething at the teeth Cedric just rolls his eyes.

"No you don't get to tell me what my concern is, you're harassing her, basically embarrassing her here. I don't need to know about your dating life Diggory. I mean come on even I would have more decency to wait to talk," Draco scoffs at Cedric and laughs with Goyle.

Cedric looks to me to stop him but he was saying everything I couldn't.

"Fine, you sulk here with no explanation at all and make this my fault," He pauses.

"Ally are you seriously gonna stay mad at me?" Cedric turns to leave and I feel him hesitate, waiting for me to stop him, but I don't.

Our last serious fight was during my second year because he ditched me in the halls alone to hang out with Ralph, but the Chamber of Secrets was open so I didn't forgive him. This is just a great start to my fourth year. Cedric walks out of the Great Hall quickly and I turn to Draco and say a quick thanks.

"Not really for you, I've never picked a fight with a Hufflepuff, guess I just want to see what would've happened," Draco smirks at me.

I shake my head, smile, and look back towards my DATDA book thinking about how Draco Malfoy just defended me.