Chapter 37; Oh Come On

"Cedric please!" I shout after him.

A group of Hufflepuffs now surround him as I try to grab his attention. It had been a week since the Hufflepuff scrimmage victory and now Cedric was doing something far more dangerous than zooming around a couple of hundred feet above the ground.

"Cedric!" I shout from outside their circle but I'm unsuccessful.

His hand shoots up, a slip of parchment peeping out from between his fingers. The group follows him to the Great Hall. I feel my stomach drop to my feet as I slowly follow.

"Now here's the Hogwarts champion!"
"Cant think of anyone more fitting!"
"Cedric Diggory!"

I hear those mindless little followers say amongst themselves. None of them care for his safety or well-being, they just want glory for the school and their house. Can you imagine the amount of House points they would get if a Hufflepuff won? It would have to be near a billion.

So lost in thought I don't realize we're here. I move to the stands to get a better look. He turns to his crowd and smilies a crooked grin. Ralph pushes him a bit and Cedric heads into the enchantment circle. My heart skips a beat as his hand enters the fire and his piece of parchment is engulfed.

He turns back around smiling. I grimace as I leave before him and his posse.

"Oi! Where you think you're going Allison?" I hear one of the twins behind me.

I turn around in the hallway to see them both approach. One positions himself against the wall and the other stands next to him.

"Fred, George," I say without motioning to either of them.

"Why the long face?" The one leaning on the wall reaches out to grab my hand.

"George it's because her boyfriend just signed away his life," Fred smirks.

"We're next you know. You gonna be as sad?" George smiles at me, holding my hand.

"You guys aren't even seventeen. I have nothing to worry about," I smile back.

"See that's where you're wrong love," Fred's smirk turns into a laugh.

"We've got a bit of an elixir, it'll age us a year forward," George shrugs his shoulders as if this is a common thing.

"That won't possibly work," I say with confidence.
"Would it?" My confidence breaks down.

Fred brings his face to mine. "Guess you'll just have to wait and see," he whispers.

I honestly thought he was going to kiss me so my cheeks are bright red.

"Fred you're just teasing her now," George pipes up, looking a little annoyed.

"Alright then you see if you can fluster her like I can," Fred walks off with a smirk of accomplishment.

George comes a bit closer.

"You still haven't taken your hand from mine," His voice is serious and his eyes are focused on mine.

Alright I'm flustered.

"I didn't want to be rude," I look back, heat surrounds my body.

"Mhm," George brings his mouth to my ear. "Just meet me in my dorm next time you don't want to be rude."

He then swiftly turns and walks away.

"You'll need a haircut before I even consider it!" I shout after him.

I hear him chuckle.

I turn around to see Cedric walking at the end of the hallway, alone. Where did the group go? I don't bother wondering as I run to catch up with him.

"Cedric! Ced!" I shout as I get closer and closer.

He turns and his face doesn't light up like it used to. His mouth is a hard-pressed line and his eyes aren't sparkling. He looks angry.

"I wanted to talk to you," I say, out of breath from the little run.

"I heard you and came to speak with you after I lost that crowd of obnoxious people, but you were preoccupied," Cedric rolls his eyes.

"Oh Fred and George? That's nothing," I smile as I brush them off.

"So what'd you need to tell me?" Cedric didn't find the humor in my reply and is still radiating anger.

"I just- I didn't want you to put your name in. I- I don't want you in the Tournament at all. I want you to stay safe," I look at my feet as I trip over words because I know my protesting means nothing now and can only add to his anger.

"It's done. No need to cry about it," And with that Cedric stomps off.

"Ced! Please talk to me!" I shout to no avail.

I kick a loose rock as I decide to go to Hufflepuff since Cedric is obviously headed somewhere else.