Chapter 20; Epic Start

I laugh gently as Elizabeth pounces me the morning of my birthday.

Sprout and McGonagall agreed I could sleep in Hufflepuff for my birthday eve. McGonagall already wished me a happy birthday before I left last night.

I toss the covers over on her, a full day of classes on my 15th. Great. I walk lazily down the Hufflepuff corridor, solely to get away from my psycho best friend. Who knows what she's got planned for today.

I peek around the corner to commons, slightly hoping for Cedric and Ralph to appear. They aren't there, my hopes deflate. Cedric usually is up early, bummer.

I quietly exit, still in my pajamas just to see if the guy who publicly held my hand three days ago is waiting for me.

Sure enough Draco Malfoy stands with his back to a nearby wall, I smile as I run into his open embrace.

He nestled his head into my hair "Happy birthday, Northcott," he whispers.

"I'm older than you aren't I?" I raise my head from his chest and smirk.

"Maybe, but I'm taller," He smiles back.

I roll my eyes and just soak in his company. He looks so happy to see me and he doesn't mind that like 5 Hufflepuffs are staring at us, all coming back from smoking I'm guessing. One with the earth for sure got to start early some say.

Draco's hand cups my cheek and he brings my lips to his. It's a short sweet soft kiss. I keep my eyes closed, hoping for another one, but he just chuckles. I quickly open my eyes and feel a blush rise to my cheeks. I smile. Draco lets me go and starts back down the corridor, probably to get dressed. His smile doesn't leave his face as he looks at me.

I turn towards the barrels and quickly get in commons. Again, no Cedric or Ralph. Annoying to say the least. I head back to Elizabeth's room. I quickly put on my robes then go into the attached bathroom and put on deodorant, concealer, and mascara. I touch up my hair and smile at myself. 15 years, wow. I would hope for a birthday wish from my father or brother but seems as though dad is dead and my brother isn't coming home any time soon. I shake this from my mind.

In the Great Hall for breakfast I see Dumbledore making his way towards Elizabeth and I. He smiles down at me.

"Happy birthday Allison, I would expect your Gryffindor classmates would love to see you at their table," He winks and I quickly collect my stuff to head over there.

When Dumbledore makes a suggestion, it's wise to go with it, to avoid trouble that is.

Fred motions over to the seat between him and Ron. I take a quick seat and see a muffin with a candle appear in front of me. Fred wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me in to whisper in my ear.

"Happy birthday young one."

He quickly lets me go and my face flushes with the suddenness of the action. Fred's whisper lingers in my ear and I look away from him as he laughs to George.

Ron smiles so brightly at me and nudges Harry to look at me.

"Oh is today her birthday? Ron was telling me the other day. Happy birthday, Ally!"

"Thanks Harry," I smile back at Ron and he looks away.

"Happy birthday Allison. Where's Cedric?" Ron blurts out.

"Thanks. I'm actually not sure I didn't even see him this morning before breakfast. Ralph's missing too," I shrug it off and look at the pickings of the morning.

"No I meant like why are you actually sitting here? You never do," Ron goes on rudely.

"Um Dumbledore said I should. I hope that's all right," I say this with a twinge of confusion seeing as Ron has never had a problem with me before.

"I think he's just tired and hungry, he's still on his first course of breakfast. Don't take it personally, and happy 15th," Hermione sends me a look of sympathy.

I sit quietly and barely eat, Cedric's absence weighing on me.