Chapter 17; The Dreaded Morning After

Cedric sits down next to me at Sunday brunch. Excitement for the Hogsmeade trip rushes through the tables. I look and feel like shit. Draco was right, I had drunk too much. Fred and George both wave at me from Gryffindor's table. I nod back. Harry Potter looks quizzically at me, probably wondering if he actually talked to me last night or if the alcohol made it up. Draco, all the warmth from last night gone, avoids eye contact. Elizabeth smilies although I already know she has a banging headache. Ralph fell asleep with his head on the table next to her. Cedric is smiling from ear to ear, probably the only one in a good mood, seems like he got laid last night.

"Don't you all look perky?" Cedric says way too loud for all of us.

"Shut up," Elizabeth spits out.

We sit in silence and eat, Cho visits for a while. Probably to make sure Cedric isn't ditching her after fucking her. Gross. Lionel turns up, wearing the same clothes as last night. Confusing. Draco finally acknowledges my presence. Nice.

Draco nods towards the hallway. I quickly excuse myself and head out. When I step out into the hallway he grabs my hand and pulls me into a crevice where no one could really see us without straining their eyes. He immediately puts a hand to my forehead.

"Are you feeling alright? You look sick. Have you checked your temperature today?" Draco worriedly looks over my face.

"I'm fine, just a little hungover that's all," I give him a close-eyed smile.

I take his hand from my forehead and move it so he's cradling my cheek. Draco gives me a small smile. And just for a second, it's enough. I feel warm and fuzzy and content. Just standing there knowing he cares.

"Sorry, you just look bad," His face falls back to an expressionless gaze.

And he ruins it. I turn around and leave and he just stands there, he doesn't try to stop me.

I sit back next to Cedric and once again rest my head on his shoulder. It's relaxing and gives me peace. He really doesn't mind either. Looking down, smiling at me.

I see Cho Chang eyeing me from Ravenclaw table and I just laugh.

Eventually Ralph wakes up and eats enough to feed two rhinos. After we're all done, Cedric's eyes beg me not to leave but I have to get at least a little more presentable-looking.

I step into Gryffindor commons. The first and second years are complaining like always, third years are excited, meanwhile, everyone else is mellow. I see Harry wearily walk towards me. I chuckle.

"Hey so did you um fix my appearance last night?" He asks with a cringe to his face as if he's scared.

"Yeah I did, you looked sort of messy so I helped out. I'm sorry if-" I start an apology but he cuts me off.

"No no, you're great. I enjoyed your hands in my hair, just wanted to make sure it actually happened," Harry's face grows pink as he turns around swiftly and heads up to the boys' dorms.

I smile to myself, The Boy Who Lived liked when my hands were in his hair? Wow. Fred and George erupt from the shadows.

"Fred should we tell her?" George, I assume, says.

"I don't know George. What do we get out of it?" Fred, I assume, replies.

"Tell me what? What do you guys know?" I look up at them with a hint of anger for holding whatever it is over my head.

"Well your Hufflepuff boyfri-" George starts.

"He's not my boyfriend," I interrupt.

"Well what George is trying to say is that you were missed when you left the party last night, not just by Cedric," Fred smiles at me.

"Yeah I'd say we missed you. I think we should hang out more often," George smilies, eerily similar to Fred's.

"Maybe. You guys are funny most of the time," I turn and walk away with a little smile plastered on my face.

When I get up to my room, I try to think where all this intrigue is coming from. I pull on my favorite black trousers and loose cropped white long sleeve shirt that flatters my stomach. Then I pull on my doc martens my dad got me a year ago. I knock into Cormac McLaggen heading towards the Fat Lady portrait.

"Ah Allison, been a while hasn't it?" Cormac smirks at me while standing directly in my way.

Cormac McLaggen. Would date a sex doll if he could away with it socially. Has fucked half of our house and is always on the prowl for someone new. I've personally never been interested although he is good looking.

"Not in the mood currently. Excuse me," I say as I try to move past him.

"Let her go, Cory that is not a way to pick up girls," Edmund McLaggen says from behind me.

I turn around to see the object of one too many schoolgirl fantasies, Edmund. The person Cormac dreams of being. Same year as Cedric, he's always been very easy on the eyes. Full head of blonde curly hair, sharp jawline, muscles for days, always respectful, and always dressed nicely. Definitely crushed on him for a while.

"Thanks," I smirk at Edmund, on the off chance he's hitting on me, I do not want to miss this literal golden opportunity.

I see Cormac's gaze linger on me. I have to send a message. I turn to Edmund and give him a quick peck on the cheek in appreciation for his gentlemanly behavior. I wave bye and head off to Hufflepuff commons.