Chapter 45; A Little Lunch

I'm at the doors of the Great Hall looking for Draco. Sometimes he waits outside for me. I peek inside to see he's sitting, scratch that, sulking with Crabbe and Goyle. I walk to Gryffindor's table and try to catch his eye. I see him lift his head towards me and his eyes fall immediately back to the table.

Huh? I twist my face as I start to think of things that might've happened. I hear Ralph's laugh from Hufflepuff. I turn to see him staring right at me, sitting alone. I swiftly head over to him and sit down in front of him.

"Why are you here so early?" I have to ask first.

"Eh just got bored of Snape droning on to be completely honest so I slipped out. Perfect timing to see the fruition of your actions," Ralph smirks at me.

"You should really not do that," I try to scorn him first.
"What actions?" I question second.

"You don't remember? Of course, you don't, you were off your ass," Ralph interludes with a laugh. "You were so drunk and Malfoy wanted to carry you to Gryffindor but Ced wouldn't let him so Ced and Malfoy escorted you to Ced's bed. Then," Ralph breaks off with a smile.

"Then? Then what??" I ask hurriedly, very invested in this story which I have no recollection of.

"You told Cedric you loved him. Right in front of Malfoy. Swear he almost cried," Ralph's laughter erupts again.

I didn't mean to say that. Should be an easy explanation to Draco right? Hopefully, he believes I was so gone I had no idea what I was saying.

"What happened after that?" I timidly ask.

"Then he made Cedric swear not to sleep in the same bed as you and rushed off. Which of course Ced obliged by," Ralph subtly reminds me of Cedric sleeping on that cold rough ground.

"I've fucked up haven't I?" I rhetorically ask, knowing Ralph's gonna answer anyways.

"Big time," Ralph smirks again.

"I thought, I thought you didn't like the idea of me and Ced," His demeanor had been confusing me.

"At this point it's funny to watch you guys stumble over each other, knowing you're both unavailable-," Ralph starts.
"Ralph god damn it!" Cedric shouts at us as he walks towards us.

"Oh you're in for it!" I finally smile and get up to go talk to Draco.

I catch a little bit of Ced's speech as I'm walking away. Something about parchment, Snape, and childlike. I smile to myself as I reach Slytherin. God this is gonna be embarrassing. I walk down the aisle between the Slytherin table and Ravenclaw table. I take a deep breath as I stop in front of Draco. He turns around in his seat to look at me.

"What?" His tone is rude and harsh and I almost turn around and leave and then his gray eyes meet mine and I'm convinced to try and apologize.

"Ralph told me what happened last night. You have to believe me when I say I don't remember any of that. I was so absolutely wasted I had no clue what I was saying," I stop thinking he'll try and tell me to stop, that he understood but he didn't.

"All of that to say, I'm sorry," I pout a bit and hope that he'll forgive me instantly.

"Okay Northcott," Draco turns back around and ultimately shuts me out. Ouch.

I stand there for a minute, holding out hope that he'll just turn back around. Draco moves his hand. I get nervous thinking he's getting ready to shoo me away but he holds his hand open next to his head, which still isn't facing me. I take it and he pulls me into the spot next to him, resting my hand on his lap. Draco slides his arm around my waist and pulls me close to him. He kisses my hair and I just feel great. I smile to myself as Crabbe and Goyle make disgusted faces.

"If you two weirdos don't stop! We're leaving!" Crabbe speaks up.

I look up at Draco with a smirk. He gives me the same mischievous look and we kiss. Right in front of everyone, a short and sweet kiss but a kiss nonetheless. Alright maybe not everyone in the Great Hall was looking but it felt like it.

"You two suck," Goyle pouts.

I just laugh and grip Draco's thigh. This hopefully sent the signal that I enjoy being with him.

"So Allison is it? Why Draco? I mean don't you know way loads more of nice guys that want to hang out with you?" Goyle asks.

"What an arse," Draco whispers under his breath.

"Um, I don't know," I smile up at him.
"He's witty and fun," I grab his sharp jawline and proudly show off both sides of his beautiful face. "And as you can see he's very pretty."

"Haha very funny Northcott," Draco says, definitely repressing a smile.

"Alright then, who's your parents?" Crabbe cuts to the chase.

"Crabbe," Draco says sternly.

"I'm just wanting to know is all," Crabbe physically backs off by putting some distance between himself and the table.

"Not that it's important but my mother is Cassandra Fawley," I say quietly.

"Fawley? Thought that family died out. Well, then who's your dad?" Goyle replies.

"Um," I look up at Draco, and Draco puts a stop to it just by giving Goyle a look.

"Crabbe, what were you going on about before Allison arrived? Something about Mad-Eye?" Draco starts up.

I feel Draco squeeze my waist as his attention stays on Crabbe going on about how Professor Moody has it out for him. I feel a lot better and fill my plate with bread and a steak and dig in. I peek a look at my usual spot at Hufflepuff to see it had been filled by Cho Chang. Of course. I see Cedric throw his head back laughing like a little kid. Ralph beats the table as he laughs so hard I can hear him from here. I turn back to the conversation about what Crabbe wants to steal from Professor Moody's pet case. I roll my eyes and start to dig into my now depressing meal.