Chapter 39; Cat Fight

Elizabeth's mouth was still on the floor of commons. I looked around to see if anyone had heard me.

"You two need to sort it out. I mean you're both being selfish, other peoples' feelings are involved now," Elizabeth gives me a disappointed look.

"I've kept my distance and I told him to do the same," I whisper.

"That's not okay either! We're all friends and to make things awkward between you two makes it awkward around all of us," Elizabeth ranting on as Cho Chang enters the room.

Her icy eyes meet mine as she heads back to Cedric's room. I feel a pit in my stomach and get up from my place on the couch.

"I have to go," I excuse myself from Elizabeth who hadn't stopped talking about the implications of Ced and I.

I had to come clean to Draco, I felt terrible about it and dreaded the Sunday night dinner approaches. I wonder if he'll sit with me as I walk down to the Great Hall, it's a bit of a habit during empty meals and we just chatter on. I walk in to see a desolate dining hall and curse my luck. I find a seat at Gryffindor, away from anyone.

"Northcott," Draco teases from behind me.

"Malfoy I have to tell you something," I pull his arm down to me and his body follows.

"What is it?" Genuine concern crosses his face.

"Cedric kissed me a week and some change ago. Nothings happened since and I've been keeping my distance but I thought it's only right you know," I bow my head as I prepare myself for the anger.

"Allison," Draco's finger slips under my chin and he brings my head up to meet his eyes.

"It's alright. I was only waiting for him to try and snag you from me. I will admit I enjoy his nose not being stuck up your ass every day now," Draco smiles at me.

I throw my arms around his shoulders and pull him in close. His scent fills my senses and I'm overwhelmed. Mint and cologne are a tantalizing mix, I take one last whiff and back out of the embrace.

I see from the corner of my eye someone approaching quickly. Cho. And she's red in the face furious. I see people from other tables start to pay attention to us.

She reaches my section and I see Cedric tailing her. "You are such a whore!" Her hand retracts as she looks like she's going to slap me.

I cringe for impact and it never comes, I look to see Draco's caught her hand.

"What you're not going to do is hit her because your boyfriend is unfaithful," Draco's voice is deep and to be honest a little scary.

"Don't touch her!" Cedric comes from behind and breaks his hold on Cho's arm.

"Then don't lie and I wouldn't have to," Draco calmly replies.

Cedric glances at me for support, I'm not too sure why.

"I am not a liar!" Cedric's rage only grows and I see this tension build.

Draco quickly stands up, adjusts his white button-up, and smiles at him. Cedric's hand goes to hover over his wand, his anger only growing.

"We both know who initiated this infidelity," His glance shifts to Cho. "As you would call it."

Draco's gaze falls back on Cedric. I'm honestly waiting to see who will punch or hex first, this is pure entertainment.

I catch myself almost laughing at this display. Cedric pissed to all hell and Draco, Draco Malfoy mind you, calm and collected. A little giggle gets out and Cho's glare finds me again. Cedric's soon follows, his eyes full of absolute madness. I laugh more as they're both raging lunatics obviously meant for each other.

This causes a little chatter of laughter to break out amongst the other dinner stragglers. Cedric and Cho quickly stalk off. I pull Draco's arm down to me again and I push my head into his shirt and just let go of my repressed laughter. I'm coping horribly with the fact that Cedric Diggory just gave me the death glare after a decade of friendship but everyone right now thinks I find it hilarious. In a way I do, I guess.

I lift my head to see a Durmstrang boy sitting across from us. My smile greets him and he returns one.

"You have almost incited violence and for that entertainment, we would like to thank you," The boy gestures back to a group of Durmstrang boys watching us from another table.

"Oh any time! Welcome to Hogwarts!" I laugh more and Draco lets out a chuckle next to me.

The boy gets up and walks back to his group. I turn to Draco to see his expression is contemplative. I slip my fingers into his hand resting on the table. His fingers curl around mine but his face doesn't change. I scan the centerpieces of food and grab some turkey, broccoli, and a baked potato with my fork.

"What do you want Malfoy?" I smile at him and he comes to attention moments later, as if I had snapped him out of a daydream.

"Uh a bit of everything I guess," He slips his hand out from mine and starts getting portions of everything.

After his plate was set, Draco just ate and stared off. No more conversation, I eat as well but every minute or so I turn to see if Draco wants to talk to me.

Once I've finished, I clatter all my dishes together and turn to Draco.

"I guess I'll be off then?" I pose it more as a question just in case he wants to object.

Draco turns to me with a smirk. "Meet me in the lecture hall at 7."

I give a wide smile, kiss him on the cheek and head off. In the hallway, I see that it's 6:29. I groan internally and head towards Gryffindor commons.