Chapter 18; Still Tired?

Cedric's eyes light up as I enter commons. He looks good in his blue pullover with a white button-up under it and black pants. I smile towards him and head over to the couch. He scoots over and slides his arm around my shoulders, I lean in, lay my head on his chest, and rest my hand on his chest as well. Yesterday was hard and it's mentally tiring. The many social interactions I just had in Gryffindor tired me as well to be completely honest. Cedric senses this and starts to rub my arm.

"Still tired?" He whispers.

"Extremely so," I reply quietly.

I hear Ralph and Elizabeth coming in and I don't even bother raising my head. I see the second year Hufflepuffs being comforted by the third years who get to go today. Ralph starts in on a sexiness battle with Cedric, where they basically just compliment each other til one taps out. Elizabeth comes over and rubs my shoulder.

"Hungover?"

"Totally," I say quietly, avoiding the truth behind my mood because it would bring down everyone's mood.

"Me too, I've never suffered more on a Hogsmeade day," Elizabeth says exasperated.

That brings a laugh out of me, honestly, I think I'll survive the rest of the day. Maybe staying near Cedric will help. He understands.

Sprout enters the room to check people off for Hogsmeade, I wave to her as she nears a close.

"McGonagall assumed you were here, you're alright sweetheart," Sprout says.

"Thanks Professor Sprout," I say, mustering as much enthusiasm to go along with the words as I could.

We head out of commons to meet up with the chauffeur, Flitwick, for the day. The people from other houses that want to go today stand in the courtyard already.

I see Cho Chang approach quickly. So much for my Cedric plan. I detach myself and give him a smile. I head off to see if I could find Lionel. Haven't seen him since brunch, didn't see him in either commons. I see a red sweater that looks similar to Lionel's from earlier.

"Looking for someone?" Harry pops up out of nowhere, my focus on finding Lionel blinding me apparently.

"Yeah, I'm not sure if you know him, Lionel? Lionel Acker?" I ask while trying to slow my pace to walk next to Harry.

"Oh Lionel? The tall, black, brown-haired guy? 6th year? He's a few dorms down from me and Ron," Harry smiles to his side, I see Ron just a little bit behind us, a bit sluggish.

"Oh ok! Do you know if he came?" I ask Harry hoping for a yes.

"Haven't seen him. Is there something going on between you two?" Harry takes a glance at me.

Harry Potter intrigued by my dating life? Interesting to say the least.

"No, he's a friend. Usually, very good company when you're tired doesn't speak too much and all that."

"Oh I don't have many friends like that," Harry motions to Hermione and Ron and I stifle a laugh.

"You should look into it, they're great at disappearing actually. I haven't seen him all day," My eyes go back to searching the crowd.

We reached Hogsmeade finally and I started to look off to see what exactly I wanted to do.

"You're funny I'll give you that, see you around Allison," Harry heads in the opposite direction to the Three Broomsticks probably.

Then Cedric's birthday pops in my head. What on earth am I going to get him? Would he like something here and or should I order something from a catalog? Just as my train of thought was taking off, I feel someone grab my hand.

"What are you so deep in thought about Northcott?" Draco says from my side.

Draco dressed in an emerald green button-up long sleeve shirt, black trousers, and black loafers making this boy look so mysterious.

Now it's ok to walk holding hands? I mean people are scattered across town but still. Didn't know we were like this now. He pulls me into a tiny alleyway, out of sight. This is what we're like.

Draco's hand still intertwined with mine, he brings his free hand to my waist.

"What did Potter want with you?" His eyes light in a sort of evil-looking way and his face turns to disgust.

"Nothing, I was just looking for a friend," I give him a soft smile.

His hand falls out of mine and finds its way to the back of my head. And his lips touch mine. I feel hungry for this. Last night was terrible and I can still feel him being soft. I want the usual rough Draco, the Draco that wants me. He pushes me back against the wall and brings his body closer. The warmth of his lips break from mine. Draco looks me in the eyes.

"God you are beautiful."

I look up at him.

Did he just say that? I could die happy now. What even is that about?? Is it rooted in pity?

I smile at him. I bring my hand up to his face and brush his fallen hair out of his face. Draco smiles back, a real genuine smile. He's got the best smile.

"Draco?" I hear Crabbe from outside the alley.

He's far enough away he can't see us, probably just looking for Draco. Draco's smile falls and he lets go of me, straightening himself up. He starts to walk away and I grab his face. He looks surprised. I smile and give him a quick peck on the lips. I watch him walk out of the secluded alleyway.

"What you imbecile?" Draco spits out at Crabbe.

"Just looking for you that's all," Goyle chimes in.

"Yeah Draco you can't just disappear like that," Pansy adds.

Something about her makes my blood boil. Honestly, he can disappear like that, please mind your own.

I shake my head as I leave the alleyway when I hear their footsteps receding. As I head into a Dogwood and Deathcap I see Neville Longbottom, lonely as ever, looking through the window.

"Neville! Would you like to check out the shop with me?" I say as sweetly as I can.

"Well, of course, Allison right?" Neville holds out his hand to me.

"Yup!" I cannot believe I just got humbled by Neville Longbottom, am I really that irrelevant?

We head inside to see plants hanging from the high ceilings, water cans floating above the plants they're watering, and seeds flying through the air towards the soil. It's quite a bustling little shop. Neville is smiling from ear to ear.

Neville gets a basket and piles it high with treats for his toad, he tells me his name is Trevor, and other assorted plants and plant books.

When he's done and got bags of things we part ways and he thanks me for going in with him.

My mind falls back to Ced's birthday. I then remember that Spintwitches' Sporting Needs is near here. Mother wouldn't mind if I wrote a check using her account I'm sure. Cedric could use a new broom, although he loves his. Ugh. This is such a struggle. Tomes and Scrolls? Maybe a book will do it? I don't know.

I feel someone behind me.