Chapter 38; Conversations

"No way! They're obsessed with you!" Elizabeth laughs.

"They prolly think of you as a pet," I laugh as Ralph says this.

I was describing the twins' behavior towards me and getting second opinions. Ralph's theory is the most realistic I've heard. Some other girls suggested they wanted to tag team me, it made me laugh. Lionel thinks they're honing their flirting skills.

"Alright enough about them. How are the Ralph man and his Hannah?" Elizabeth interjects.

Ralph face turns pink. Interesting.

"Eh you know I see her when I can," His growing smile tells a different story.

"That's adorable Ralph," I poke him in the ribs and he folds over, keeping his head down as the blush fades.

"Okay Elizabeth what about you? Lionel, you gotten a piece yet?" Ralph sits back up and shoots at her.

"Elizabeth is not pie. She's a girl who deserves to be spoken about with more respect," Lionel replies without looking up from his book.

"See that's why I made out with you last week," Elizabeth holds her hand out for a high five and Lionel begrudgingly obliges.

We all laugh. Cedric enters commons. I turn to him with a grin to see if he'll come to sit with us. I know we've been rocky but come on. He just glides right past us towards his dorm, a solemn look on his face.

"What's up with him?" Lionel asks, looking at Ralph and I side by side on the couch.

"I honestly don't know," My eyes look to the floor and my heart picks up as I realize I'm lying.

Ralph gives me a secret "I know you're lying too" look and turns back to Lionel. "Yeah me neither. Dude's been off for a while now."

"Well go fix him you two! There's way less fun happening when one of us is being stubborn!" Elizabeth loudly interjects.

I feel Elizabeth's eyes linger on me and I know she knows. I roll my eyes and grab Ralph's arm. We both stand and I hold onto his arm as we go down the hall.

We stop in front of their door and Ralph looks down at me. "I'll go first."

I smile and watch as Ralph enters the dorm and keeps the door cracked for me.

"Cedric what the hell is up with you?" Ralph questions him harshly.

I cringe as I hear his tone, that's not what he needs right now.

"Fucking Allison. That's what's up. That's what's been up, Ralph. Don't play dumb now," Cedric angrily replies.

"You know she's with Malfoy and you're with Cho. Why are you still pissed about this?" Ralph tries again to get a real answer.

"We kissed okay? And I can't stop myself from hating those Weasley twins or Draco or hell even Harry Potter because they all look at her like she's something to eat! They've all realized what I had ignored until now. Allison- My god Allison is just fucking great," Cedric's voice lowers as he calms down.

"You kissed her? I thought that was our one rule," Ralph starts talking then he heads back to the door to shut it.

Fuck. He just told Ralph. And what was Ralph going on about rules? Before I can stop myself I barge in.

The room goes dead silent. Both sets of eyes turn to me. Cedric is sitting on his bed and Ralph is standing across the room.

"Allison?" Cedric's eyes tell me he hopes I didn't hear him.

"Elizabeth sent me to check on you guys. Everything alright?" I scratch the back of my head and give a fake smile.

Ralph rolls his eyes at me.

"Yeah everything's fine. Of course, you can't even check on me now without someone telling you to do it," Cedric looks off with a grimace.

"I can't believe you. You forced this on yourself! You made this what it is now!" My voice raises but I don't care.

Cedric gets up and walks to be directly in front of me.

"Leave."

I feel tears well up and one slips from my left eye. I see no change in Cedric's face. That face would've crumbled to see me cry at his words a month ago.

"Fuck you," I leave the room, I wipe my face, and go to tell Elizabeth just as much as he told Ralph.