Chapter 34; Upset Much?

"Draco Malfoy has fallen out of the sky! Ow! That's gotta hurt!"

What?? Every other player is still playing but I scan the ground and finally my eyes reach Draco. Fuck. He's coughing as Professor Snape hurries to help him.

"They're not going to stop the game?" I ask Harry.

"People fall all of the time. Not worth ending the game over," Harry smirks.

"Excuse me," I hurriedly get up and move past Harry to see if I can find where they're taking Draco.

I pause as I see Cedric descend from the sky to check if Draco is alright. God if only he wasn't the best guy I know, I'd find it much easier to stay away from him.

I head down to the lower level to see if I can take Draco off Cedric's arm. He reaches the threshold of where the dugout-type part begins. I quickly grab Draco and help him over to the locker room. He says he's fine and I rush back out to see if Cedric is still there.

There he is. With his wide grin waiting for me. I pull him under the cover of the tents.

"Thanks for helping him out but you should get back up there," I smile.

"Feels a bit unfair," Cedric scratches the back of his head.

"For me?" I ask pleasantly, rooting now for a Hufflepuff win full force.

"Anything for you," He winks and positions his broom and quickly takes off.

I scorn myself for what I just said as I make my way back to Draco.

"Draco?" I see him coming out of the shower soaking wet with a towel wrapped around his lower waist.

I almost get flustered and then I see the huge bruise forming on his abdomen. I rush towards him and reach out.

"Oh my god that looks terrible. You need to go to Pomfrey as soon as possible," My hand lightly traces the pink purpley skin.

Draco eyes me.

"I'm fine Northcott, stop worrying," He smirks.

"Says the guy who moaned and groaned over a scratch for a month last year," I laugh.

"Oh-" Draco's quickly interrupted by an eruption of cheers above us.

"HUFFLEPUFF HAS DOMINATED ONCE AGAIN, CEDRIC DIGGORY HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH," I hear over the intercom.

"Well I guess that happens with the other seeker is taken out," Draco mutters under his breath.

"Someone did this to you?" I ask, my eyes pleading for an answer from him.

"No no, I just lost control. Nothing major," Draco's face stays neutral.

"I'm sorry," I kiss him softly as if it could make the sting of the loss go away.

Draco pulls back from me and heads towards his locker. "I take it you'll be getting drunk in Hufflepuff again tonight?"

"I'm not sure if that's the best idea right now," I sit on a bench while flashes of the last party cloud my mind.

"Slytherin is going to be a dreadful scene. Loss isn't taken lightly," Draco shakes his head as he pulls on black boxers.

I see his bruises run up his right leg too. He really got it terrible.

"Draco I don't want you to be doing anything that requires a lot of exertion for a while," I say while staring at his bruises.

He walks in front of me. He picks my chin up so that I'm staring him right in the eyes from my seat on the bench. His boxers are right in front of my face and I'm completely overwhelmed.