Chapter 9; Me & You

So it was finally the weekend. I just had to sit down with Elizabeth and catch up with her. I missed her all week both of us had been extremely busy. She always gives the best advice and I love listening to her stories. We scheduled a catch-up for the first morning we could. So early Saturday morning I head over to Hufflepuff in my pajamas, which consists of a tight black tank top and fuzzy white shorts. When I get to the barrels I do the knock quickly and head inside. I look to see yawning tired people all around.

I catch Cedric sniffing his coffee over at a table with two empty chairs. He's wearing a grey short sleeve shirt and yellow flannel pants. I head towards him to just say hi. I sneak up behind him and when he sets his coffee down I pounce on his shoulders. He jumps a bit but he turns around and gives me a sleepy smile.

Cedric moves one of the open seats right next to his and then motions for me to sit down. I sit down and lean against his shoulder. We stare at one of the little windows out to the grounds and just enjoy the company.

I look up at his face and he looks so solemn and peaceful, I find myself smiling at that. Cedric turns to meet my eyes and we just sit there, staring at each other for what feels like an eternity. His face creeps into a smile when he hears my name called.

"Allison! You were supposed to be up in our room like 30 minutes ago!" Elizabeth comes bustling down the hall.

I lift my head from Cedric's shoulder and tear my eyes from his to see Elizabeth in her pajamas consisting of a gray pullover and sweatpants. I stand up from my chair and keep my hand on Cedric's back and glide across it until I've walked too far to touch it. I walk up to Elizabeth and sigh loudly.

"Sorry Liz I'm exhausted and Cedric wanted me to sit with him for a bit so blame him," I smile just a bit as I stare at the floor.

I bring my eyes up to Cedric and he's shrugging his shoulders in a clueless defense, knowing I'm lying. I give him a smile and a quick wave and turn to follow Elizabeth to her room. When we reach the door she whispers in my ear.

"There's something Cedric told me not to tell you but I can't help it. He said he may very well have feelings for you," Elizabeth quickly opens her door for me to see girls slopped over in sleep.

"No, no way, feelings for me? What happened to Cho? I thought he was developing feelings for her?" I sit down on Liz's bed in a daze.

I mean I'm not thick-skulled, he hasn't been hiding it. But telling people? I don't know it feels a bit rushed, not developed enough to be true feelings. Maybe just lust, that's the conclusion I came to with Draco honestly. It chalks up to nothing more than horny teenage boys. I have to accept that and not fall in love, it's not worth risking heartbreak for either of them at this point.

"I don't know Ally but he does care for you differently now. I mean every time he sees you with Draco he's complained to Ralph and me about it," Elizabeth lays down and pulls her covers near.

"Draco? I'm sure I don't know what you mean," I pull off a surprised look and lean myself against her backboard.

"Come on, the rumors have been churning out since you showed up messy clothed to the first dinner,"

"People think?... We?... Hooked up?" I finally have an honest to God confused face, that was completely innocent, we didn't even speak nicely to one another.

"Are you serious? Everyone thinks that. Cedric's been pissed off about it, he wants you and Draco's already got you," Elizabeth gives me a look as if I knew that I was torturing him.

I didn't even know people suspected things.

"Draco doesn't own me! We're not even like that!" I start to lean towards an angrier facade.

"Have you kissed him?"

I stay silent.

"Ok Allison, listen it's your life, but please be careful," She rubs my shoulder and I start to think of ways to end this part of the conversation.

"How have you been Liz?"

"Nothing very exciting, classes are subpar, Lionel flirting constantly, me being in love with Angelina Johnson and Lionel at the same time," She sighs loudly.

"You still have a thing for Angelina? I thought she said she wasn't interested last year?"

"Don't remind me of that pure heartbreak," Elizabeth blushes and puts her hands over her face.

"Lionel, how is that? You guys did kiss last New Year's," I gently nudge her.

"It did not happen he's simply lying to you, I would not stoop down to his level,"

"Sure sure," I shrug my shoulders as a mischievous grin graces my lips.

"I really care about Lionel, I can see myself having a very good and healthy relationship with him. Um, it's just a lot to handle I don't know how to explain it, especially with Angelina wandering about the castle," Liz looks up towards the ceiling and I can see a bit of pain in her face.

She may not mean to but Angelina unintentionally kills Elizabeth all the time. Elizabeth will be doing something and Angelina will drop in and be sweet or flirty, then hook up with Fred or some other Quidditch boy.

"Unattainable love is the most satisfying. See if any other girl quidditch players are available," I look her in the eyes and give her a quick smile.

"I don't even know what to do about it anymore because I feel like she's always leading me on but she's not because she doesn't even like me," She wipes her eyes before any tears can fall.

I pull Elizabeth in for a hug and she breathes deeply to calm herself. As she pulls away I smile at her, she knows I'll be here no matter what happens.

I check my watch to see it's 9 am, so we can officially go get breakfast. I grab one of Elizabeth's Hufflepuff pullovers and pull her out from under the covers. She slips on her shoes and we head towards the Great Hall.

I start to process our conversation. People know about Draco and I. Or at least they think they do.

Think of the devil and he shall appear. While walking towards the Hufflepuff table to where Cedric and barely alive Ralph were sitting I feel a cold hand on my back, slip under the hem of my shirt.

"Excuse me Northcott," Draco says quietly as he moves past me to get to his table.

His hand sent chills up my spine and I turn to see him looking at me. Malfoy winks and I blush slightly. When I sit down next to Cedric I'm positive the red has left my face.

"So what did Malfoy say?" Cedric turns to me.

"What?" I ask, even if it was something simple its none of his business.

"I want to know if he's messing with you," Cedric looks fierce, turning his attention towards the Slytherin table.

You don't know the half of it, I think to myself. Elizabeth clears her throat and sets down her chamomile tea.

"He just said excuse me, why are you worried?" She gives Cedric a quizzical look.

He grimaced and digs into his toast and hashbrowns. She gives her attention back to her tea and biscuit. Ralph looks half dead honestly, I would speak to him. but I'm very scared of him poking fun, he usually does it when he's irritated. Lionel will probably sleep til lunch knowing him.