Chapter 11; Listen To Me

It had been a week and I hadn't spoken to Cedric, I was rightfully mad. I mean Cho Chang? He could've at least picked a pretty 5th year. Oh Merlin that sounds mean, I'm sorry. The attention I've been receiving from Draco has made up for Cedric's absence. The first time we were alone after the incident in the Great Hall he was worried for me, worried about how Cedric had made me feel. It made me feel cared for, I never expected it from him. As soon as we're out in the open it's the usual taunting and name-calling. I don't mind, I see him smile across classrooms at me.

"Eventually you're gonna have to talk to him. You're the closest of friends you can't let this bring you two down," Elizabeth says as we walk to dinner together.

"I don't know Elizabeth, he's being weird and he's been snogging Cho in commons," I say just as we enter the Great Hall.

"True," Elizabeth nods and drops the subject.

We sit a few feet down from where we usually do. Ralph is already in what would be our usual seats and I watch Cedric walk in. I dip my head and look at my plate as he passes behind me, but instead of his breeze continuing past me he sits down next to me. I raise my head to meet his eyes.

"Can we talk now, please? Privately," Cedric makes eye contact with Elizabeth and Ralph and holds his hand out to me.

I sigh loudly just so he can hear how annoyed I am. I grab Cedric's hand and he leads me out of the Dining Hall quickly. I feel sets of eyes following us from the Slytherin and Ravenclaw tables. When we step outside the room he whisks me against the wall next to the big doors. People are walking but it's scarce since it is supper time. Cedric throws his hand against the wall next to my head.

"Ally you've got to stop torturing me," I see his face turn aggressive and his cool breath hits my face.

"Cedric, you acted like we were dating from the first day, then randomly you're snogging Cho? That was such a sudden turn I didn't expect," I look down.

"The rumors about you and Malfoy are running rampant, I thought you'd be able to handle it," Ced rolls his eyes.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Draco and I are not together," I say with a fake look of confusion plastered on my face.

"Oh c'mon I'm not blind and him defending you last week basically cemented it,"

"Ok and even if it was true? At least I'm not snogging him in front of you!" I raise my voice a tad bit.

Cedric runs his hand through his hair.

"Look, I'm sorry alright? I'm just confused as to what I want and it looks like you are too," Cedric looks into my eyes searching for any hint of reciprocation.

Draco steps out from the doorway and walks in front of us. His eyes meet mine, I'm still caught under Cedric's arm.

"Get a room," Draco's stone-cold face turns towards the stairway.

Well shit. Now I'm in for it with Draco.

"Cedric, I can't stay mad but if you two do kiss in commons again, I'm vomiting all over you," I huff as I remove myself from under him.

"That's fair," He smiles at me as I walk towards the entrance.

I ruffle my hair and sit back down across from Liz. Cedric is quick to follow and sits across from Ralph a few feet down. I look at Elizabeth and tilt my head towards them, she smilies. We scoot ourselves down towards them. Cedric finds my eyes and has a smile that could light up a room. Ralph starts laughing.

"Missed us ladies?" Ralph exclaims as he smirks.

"Yes now shut up!" I laugh back at him.

Lionel finally turns up to dinner about two minutes later, his bag full of library books. Books about previous tournaments, dinner was scary. Talk of the rival schools was heating up, Viktor Krum himself was going to be staying at Hogwarts. I know of him through Cedric mostly, he's Hufflepuff's seeker so he loves Krum's strategies as a professional seeker. I don't know how to feel about the entire thing, all the boys seem so eager to volunteer.