spirits interlude

beach days had always been a memory that spirit treasured as a kid

she always remembered the smell of sunscreen her mom forcefully rubbed on her.

and she missed the smell of jerk chicken grilling on the beach grill.

now as an adult, she made it her priority to bring back that burst of serotonin.

today was a beach day, she invited the girls out so they can finally enjoy time while doing their gossip.

"girl, this sandwich is too fucking bomb." jade said biting into the spicy chicken tender sub from publix.

"who you telling girl?" mo said , drinking her mango arizona.

spirit laid back as they all sat under a cabana watching the waves crash.

the air was still and cool, allowing them to get gusts of wind here and there but not too much to make them uncomfortable.

the girls laid in their 3 cabana beds while they sipped on corner store drinks, pubsubs, and fruit bowls.

"ight. since we don't talk about it? what's going on with you and chance mo?" jade said smiling at mo, while chewing on a piece of pineapple.

"not a damn thing." mo laughed, drinking.

"lie?" spirit said, tipping her glasses down, holstering herself up , leaning on her elbows.

"i don't lie." mo said shrugging.

"why don't you give that man a chance?" jade spoke. "why don't you give capo a chance?"

"see girl bye cause you know that's just my boy." jade retorted.

mmmmmmh spirit and mo announced in unison.

spirit enjoyed these types of conversations because she could always see that jade & molani were full of shit.

"spirit quiet cause she don't want us to ask about esco." mo laughed, cutting spirits thought off.

"girl bye." spirit rolled her eyes.

"what's wrong with esco? he seem cool." jade shrugged.

"not interested." spirit spoke truthfully,
truth be told, spirit hasn't been interested in a few years or so.

she always held herself up to high regards and never gave second chances. she believed in leaving the second a red flag popped up.

being so restricted as a teen, she has now been scared to enter the dating world as an adult.

hearing heartbreak stories from friends and seeing how wrong niggas could do a girl they loved, just made her never want to get into that.

she felt that, if she's peaceful and stable now, why take a chance at ruining that.