penthouse

done healing & back outside bitch here yall go

miami, florida.

"igh there go the last box." spirit spoke watching capo place the last box down in her new apartment with the help of chance.

"ight, you gon be good s?" chance spoke, as judah stood in the kitchen, unpacking all the glasses and plates.

"yea imma be good, thank y'all for helping, seriously." she hugged cap and chance as they began to walk out, not before dapping up judah.

"ight bro, stay safe ight?" they spoke to him.

he nodded , dapping them up once more before they left.

spirit then turned on her alexa, playing snoh aalegra before walking over to judah.

it's been 3 weeks since the altercation had took place, and ever since then, judah made the final decision to buy a high rise apartment for him and spirit.

asking her if she wanted to buy a place together was something that had judah proper nervous, but with all that was going on with the hood, and his father, he needed something to come back home to.

spirit spent the last week ordering furniture and home decor, hiring movers and interior designers to help furnish the home since she barely had time on her hand.

today was the day before judah's fathers wedding, and they have been meeting up routinely to go over details, and to get judah and his son more familiar with eachother.

jalen, judahs brother, had grown fond of judah quickly. although they hadn't known eachother for almost 18 years, they feel like they fit what eachother was missing.

although marcus had been in jalen's life, he had never really showed him what it is to be a black man, he had only showed him the advantages through sports.

judah grew to enjoy his company more than his dads.

he had ultimately began to take this whole thing with maturity, courtesy to spirit, he had decided to let the past be the past since he told marcus bout himself already.

"baby you got your suit?" spirit spoke, walking out of the bedroom with two duffel bags.

"yea hollup lemme get it." he spoke , rushing into the room before walking out with a light crème colored suit.

spirit smiled, grabbing it.

"okay, imma go put these in the ca-"

"ight lemme put my shoes on." he cut her off, letting a little bit of excitement show through, sliding his slides on.

she shook her head, as he took all the bags out her hand before walking with her to the elevator.

tonight, they were heading up to palm beach, to an airbnb judah had rented for the 2 days.

after reaching to west palm, judah had immediately put his things in the hotel before dragging spirit out to go eat with his family.

pulling up to the nice restaurant , judah wore a white polo with some forces while spirit wore a long flowy sundress.

walking in together, they spotted judahs father, stepmom, and sibling sitting— in which they hurried to the table.

"hey y'all" spirit said sweetly, everyone standing up and giving her a hug.

"hey beautiful" judahs stepmom spoke,

"hey girl" judah sister hugged spirit.

after their greetings, judah dapped up his brother and dad before hugging his sister and giving his stepmother a side hug.

they sat down, ordering some drinks before conversation began to flow.

"alright, so i heard judah got you a new apartment?" judahs mother, veronica , spoke.

spirit nodded, "yea. he hated the idea of me paying bills, but he knows i'm not looking to move in together until marriage— so he opted for the next best choice." she spoke honestly.

"type shit, when can i come see that bitch?" jalen spoke, drinking his shirley temple.

marcus slapped him upside his head with the quickness, "nigga watch yo mouth."

"what did i say about that word?" veronica replied.

"the streets saying u a white woman tryna silence black people" briana, judahs sister spoke up. which immediately silenced veronica.

"i hate when you guys pull that card." she spoke under her breath, going back to feeding the baby white cheddar cheeto puffs.

"anyways, spirit if you ever need interior decorating, please call me. i would loveee to style your apartment. plus, i love miami views." veronica spoke back up.

"reminds you of yo old days huh. yo trickin days." marcus joked cause veronica to mean mug him before pinching him.

"he ate that i don't know." briana adlibed.

the table quickly ordered their food, finishing their drinks while still having small conversation.

judah, for the longest, couldn't see why his father liked veronica so much. but after seeing the entire family interact, he noticed that there's balance throughout the whole family.

although jalen and briana were mixed— they had the illusion of a black momma with a white daddy instead of vice versa.

they tapped into their black roots and denied their white side as much as they could.

"so judah, tomorrow morning— i gotta barber ready for all my groomsmen and you at 6 in the morning. are you having spirit braid your hair today?" marcus began to speak as he cut into his steak.

judah nodded, " yea my lady got me." he spoke as he took a bite out of his salmon.

life had really taken a turn for everybody in the picture. before judah and spirit had known eachother, relationships were surface level. full of instagram subtweets, and focused on the superficial.

once judah found spirit, it's like something switched on and the relationship formed maturity.

half of him gives kudos to spirits calm and confident character for changing him into this new person.

the other half thanks his mother, as he felt like this was all her doing.

rekindling with his father.

meeting his siblings.

having a niece on the way.

a woman on his side.

and funds up to par.

he never met a woman who really felt equivalent to him.

in his head, spirits confidence is what truly set her apart from everyone else. she knew who she was and she knew what she has to offer. she knows she's one of a kind and that's why she's secure in her spot.

judah changed his ways simply because no other woman is worth turning his head.

watching spirit interact with his family, and force him to open up to this newfound family— really set in stone.

marriage was in the air.