pubsub

— miami beach, florida
      approx. 1:23 pm.

publix

"what we need all this fa though i'm confused?" judah spoke, holding the large pack  of paintbrushes spirit dropped into the basket.

"you ain't never been on a picnic before?" she said, looking at him.

"i'm a hood ass nigga what u talm bout picnic?" he joked, spirit snickered before realizing his face signified he was serious.

after their last few rounds of date nights, spirit decided to flip the script, asking him on one.

todays activities included, a picnic and painting.

spirit had filled the basket with acrylic paint, paint brushes, 2 pubsubs, fruit, and some red wine.

turnt off that adult juice eoww, spirit picked up a few wine glasses before smiling at judah, who in return, just stared her down.

she rolled her eyes before walking to the register, in which he began to pack out the items.

"picnic?" the cashier spoke.

"hell yuh" judah responded for spirit, he turned his head, spotting a large item that caught his eye.

he looked back at spirit, who was intently watching tiktoks on her phone.

he nodded to himself, grabbing the item quickly, asking the clerk to quickly put it in bags, paid, and placed them into the basket before nudging spirit telling her to come on.

spirit held onto judahs arm as they walked out the grocery store towards judahs car.

as they reached the trunk, spirit popped it open, judah urged her to get in the car while he packed the items out.
spirit yelled out lowly from the passenger seat.

"damn" she tsk'd her teeth.
— "what happened?"

"i forgot a damn blanket." she started, before seeing judah reach in the backseat. pulling out a large grey blanket.

spirit looked at, switching her eyes between the blanket and the boy.

the little things.

spirit smiled, walking to sit in the passenger seat once more.

judah smiled at her face of satisfaction, straightening his face out before hopping in the car.

summer walkers album, last day of summer, blasted on the way to the waterfront park in miami.

being with judah, felt like the world was nonexistent.

she felt as if she was in a simulation, life outside the car felt gray.

but she didn't let him know that.

he was warmth, but to his knowledge, she was barely lukewarm.
— arriving to the park, judah immediately pulled the items out, setting up the picnic along with spirit.

he decided to let loose for the evening, just chill and make her happy. — she introduced him to places other than the trap. and that was enough to show him that this meant something.