us next

miami, florida

miami, florida.

spirit sat on her bed, cuddled up with tega as judah stood on the other side of the phone.

"if you wanna turn around you can, i'm just saying gas really ain't that cheap." spirit spoke, scrolling through her laptop for travel RN assignments.

"i'on kno bra, what do i say to him?" judah spoke, the echo of his car can be heard.

currently , judah was parked infront of the diner in which his father had promised to be at, same time, same day, for as long as time accepts.

judah took a while to determine wether or not he was ready to have a conversation with his dad, much less be in his fathers wedding.

going to his fathers wedding felt like the most ultimate betrayal to his mother, but the biggest part of him keeps hearing his mothers optimistic voice.

she always wanted people to be supported in their best times, and she always found light in dark moments.

"mmh, maybe hello? ion kno' that's just what i would say though." spirit shrugged over the phone, joking to lighten the mood.

"what if he piss me off and i kill em?" judah asked, jokingly, but at the same time seriously.

at that moment, spirit hung up the phone.

opening his car door, he took one more look into his car, taking a deep breath before stepping out.

"act like it's ya uncle. act like it's ya uncle." judah spoke to himself before opening the diner door.

immediately he looked around at the semi-packed food spot, before his eyes landed on a fair skinned man, who had a low cut, piercing hazel eyes, and thick brows.

he quickly recognized this as his father.

staring at him for a second, watching his father drink a cup of coffee while watching the game that displayed on the bar's television, judah quickly began to pace his feet over to his father.

"ian no bitch nigga, nigga should be nervous i'm here, the fuck" he whispered to himself as he walked over.

sliding into the booth, the man looked up, almost looking shocked.

"judah." he spoke softly, putting his coffee cup down on the plate before looking at his son.

judah hadn't posted anything on facebook since 2018, so the pictures that his father seen had not been updated.

contrary to judahs profile, he now had a mouth full of diamonds as opposed to his pearly white teeth, long braids as opposed to his high blowout he sported, and tattoos lining his arms.

"i'm happy you came— happy aint even the word man. can i give you a hug?" his father marcus asked, getting up almost immediately, prompting judah to subconsciously do the same.