out and about

miami, florida

miami, florida.

"bae, what age you wanna get married at?" judah asked, continuing to paint spirits toes as she finished her nails.

"what u tryna propose ah sum?" spirit smirked, looking down at him.

"guh" he started,

"my bad, ion really have a set date. aslong as i'm married befa u try to put a baby in my ass." she shook her head.

"babies out of wedlock is haram, thank you" she added.

"fuckin me is haram too, but u not talking bout that one" he spoke, finishing her toes and getting up to wash his hands.

spirit stayed silent, reverting her attention back to her nails. "i'll never touch you again" she mumbled under her breath.

judah chuckled. loudly. before grabbing his keys and sliding his amiri slides on.

"guh please" he smiled, walking up to her and kissing her before beginning to walk out the door.

"igh imma see u later, i love you, you want food when i come back?" he yelled through the apartment.

spirit nodded, saying her goodbyes as he walked out the door.

for the past few weeks, judah has been coolin off trapping, now that javon was out the picture, he decided to tell leek and cairo to cut it out aswell.

he had took this shit on with just him, capo and chance again, and it was no easy job.

but he ain't wanna risk nobody else joining in.

judah had recently invested in a new spot to do his business, even though they fucked javon up, he couldn't risk bein somewhere where the drop is known.

this new spot was in a suburban, gated neighborhood.

the homes wore far apart, each having nearly an acre of land.

investing in this home was the safest, the neighborhood held 24 hour security, no close neighbors, and since it would only be the 3 of them moving in and out, it wouldn't gain any traction from peeping toms.

walking down the stairs, judah was on the phone, making a doordash order for spirit.

"say li bra, sum jit on tha phone for u" chance spoke, handing judahs second phone over to him.

quickly submitting the order to get delivered to spirits home, he took the phone.

"who dis?" he answered on the phone, walking outside to the pool.

"man man?" a deep voice spoke over the phone.
    judahs eyebrows furrowed, trying to figure out who it was, until it clicked.

there was only one man who called him manman, and that was his father.

judah hadn't spoken to his father since his mother left him.

as far as judah knew, his father moved to palm beach, found himself havin a whole buncha money, a new girlfriend, and two hybrid img academy ass kids.

the only reason judah knew this, was because 3 years ago, when it was time for magnolias funeral, judah dug high and low for his fathers facebook.

just to invite him to the funeral, in which, he never accepted the friend request to begin with.

soon finding it, he found out his dad had become a top real estate agent in west palm, started dating a lawyer, and ended up with two twins and one baby, briana, jalen and matthieu.

briana was a volleyball player, 17 years old.

and jalen was a d1 football player, also 17 years old.

the subjects of adultery.

and judahs  father, marcus, had played a part time role as jalens football coach.

to be real, judah was taken back hearing his fathers voice.

"what you need man?" judah sighed, opening up the sliding door, and walking out into his backyard.

the weather was gloomy, but no rain was expected.

the saltwater pool glistened a light blue as his fenced in yard was newly renovated.

"judah. my son. i cant believe i'm finally in contact with you. i been searching" his fathers voice could be heard over the phone.

"mane just tell me what you need." judah cursed through his teeth, sitting on a patio chair.

"son-" judah blinked at the word.

"- i just wanted to ask you. i know you wouldn't want to meet with me in person. so i'm gonna take the only chance i can get right now."

"son, i'm getting married. i want you to be my best man." his dad offered over the phone.

"why"

"because, i owe this to you. i owe whatever i got now to you. it took me a new life to see how much i didn't honor my last one. and for that, i deeply apologize. and i know absence doesn't get fixed with an apology, but i don't want to go any further knowing i haven't made any effort to give you a father i know you deserved." a sigh was let
out, at the end of the confession.

"my nigga, you ain't been here for 12 years, and you think a sorry gon even begin to help that? my nigga, i played MY first football game, only being taught my youtube videos, not my daddy. I got my first GIRLFRIEND, with my momma buying flowers to give to the girl and telling me how to treat her. i lost my momma and my damn daddy wasn't even there to be my shoulder. you took anything you can from that woman, and couldn't even return it before she died. man gone." judah spoke, his eyes turning glossy, and his anger began to rise.

before his father could respond, he hung up the phone.

"fuck that nigga get my number from" he spoke angrily, putting his phone down before laying his head back on the patio chair.

a ding was heard from his phone.

(954)***-**** *1 attachment*we have time

(954)***-****
*1 attachment*
we have time. we have time to make it right. i'm not giving up on you son. you are my best man.

i'll be at mccrays diner in lauderhill every friday up to my wedding date.

i have your suit, your shoes, everything you need son.
i love you.

read 4:23 pm.