Chapter 27 : Godric Gryffindors life and Godric Gryffindors journal

Chapter 27

Harry finally finished Godric's journal and put it down. Silent tears were flowing from his eyes as he thought about the life of the most celebrated founder of Hogwarts. People thought that Godric had been the epitome of goodness, while Salazar had been the evil wizard of the time; oh, how wrong they were.

Godric had been the first born son of the Gryffindor family. The Gryffindors were an old family, they along with Slytherins they were members in Potters court hundreds of years ago and also principal Bannermen of Potter. It was during such time that Godric had met Salazar, a boy five years younger than him, but they didn't have much contact during their childhood. He was taught magic by his parents and other tutors, and once he was an adult, he travelled abroad to learn the various branches of magic. While in Magical Italy, which still carried its traditions from the Ancient Roman Empire, he met a woman who was a year older than him, but she too wanted to go abroad and learn all about magic. Her name was Laurentia, and after fighting and convincing her parents, the pair travelled extensively for many years, learning various branches of magic. In Egypt, Godric won the friendship of the Goblins; a warrior race, known for their expertise in banking, warding, warfare and creation of weapons from magical metals that only their race could work with. He spent a lot of time with them, learning about their culture and how to wield a sword. Once, he saved a bunch of goblins from a mob of muggles who wanted to kill them, so the leader of the Goblin community finally accepted Godric's request and made a special sword for him as a reward (Godric still had to pay for it of course). It was a four-foot long blade, made of Goblin silver, so it was very conductive for magic use. While he was quite good with his wand, he couldn't help but be at home with his new sword. He spent many years enchanting and enhancing the sword to his style. By this time, he and Laurentia had fallen in love and had decided to get married.

After talking to her parents and returning to Britain to talk to his family, it was finally decided to hold the marriage ceremony in Rome. Once they were married, Godric and Laurentia returned to Britain, hoping to create a better life for the people of their country. But there were problems as witch hunts grew in popularity; if muggles detected witches and wizards or even magical creatures, they would be attacked in their sleep and killed in their beds. The muggles would then drag the mutilated bodies for all to see. These instances horrified Godric, but he felt that once they could explain to the muggles that magic wasn't evil, everything would work out and both magicals and muggles could coexist in peace.

It was a few short months into their marriage that Laurentia found herself pregnant. The couple was ecstatic and nine months later, Laurentia gave birth to a girl, who they named Geraldine Gryffindor. When Geraldine was only a year old, tragedy struck the family; Godric's entire family had been targeted due to them being witches and wizards. His parents and siblings were all killed by a large mob of muggles. Godric was filled with rage and wanted vengeance, but Laurentia managed to calm him down. It was then that Godric decided to rethink his plan for muggles and magicals coexisting with each other. During his tour of Magical China and India, he had come to a startling realization that the magical community of both countries had separated from their muggle counterparts because of all the violence and instability in their countries brought about by the muggles. While the muggle communities were unstable, the magical communities still thrived, keeping the rich heritage and knowledge of their ancient traditions and magic alive.

Life went on, but Laurentia had made a friend from Scotland named Rowena Ravenclaw. She was several years older than Godric and Laurentia and had come back to Britain from Albania, where her husband's family was nobility. Godric was very impressed with the older woman's sheer intelligence and talent with her wand. The Gryffindor family slowly got to know Rowena, who became close to Laurentia, and thus as an extension, her husband Godric.