five | stylish trickster

The backdoor of the blue Lincoln continental opened. Tremaine climbed out with his briefcase in hand, a newspaper tucked under his arm, and a concrete mug decorated his well groomed face. Stepping up onto the sidewalk, he nodded to his driver and proceeded towards the enterance of his office building.

Pushing through the doors the doors that lead to the lobby. He strolled across the freshly waxed flooring, headed for the elevators. Bypassing the security guards booth, without even acknowledging him. "Mor.. Morning Mr. Maverick--" Though Lewis knew he wouldn't even look his way. That didn't deter him from being the kind individual he was nonetheless. So every morning for the past two years, he's spoken to Tremaine with hopes of one day getting a response. 

Tremaine increased across the floor calmly to climb onto the arriving elevator shaft. Relieved he didn't have to wait to long, He rode up in complete silence to the tenth floor where he office was located.

"Morning Mr.Maverick!" Jada popped up from where she was crouched picking up the pens and thing's she'd knocked down by accident.

Tremaine nodded first to acknowledge her. "Jada, morning, where is she? Late I'm assuming. I knew she'd blow it somehow--" He chuckled satisfyingly to himself as he turned heading for his office.

"Alright, Jada, those are the last of the pens," Stevie raised up from underneath Jada's desk from helping her. "Mr. Maverick, good morning, how are you?"

Tremaine froze in his spot. Turning slightly to glance back in the direction of Jada's desk. Him and Stevie locked eyes. "Ms. Calhoun, I'm fine," he voiced continuing towards his office.

"That's nice, I'm fine as well! Thanks for asking," She called as he stepped inside.

''I didn't ask," He uttered shutting the door behind himself.

Jada and Stevie smiled at one another. "Girl, you're fiesty, I'm shocked he's putting up with all this sassing. He once fired a guy for calling him by his first name, you've been chewing him up and spitting him out since you've arrived, I love it!" Jada snickered lowly, when Tremaine's office door opened.

"Ms. Calhoun? My office please, quickly," He ushered with two fingers. Disappearing from the threshold.

"Uh oh, might've spoke to soon," Stevie whispered before she made her around Jada's desk, heading for Tremaine's office.

"Yes sir?" She asked peeking her head inside.

"Come in close the door behind you," He motioned her further into the room. Stevie complied and closed the door behind herself, awaiting Tremaine's following statement.

"You updated my virtual calendar correct?" He asked clicking away on his mouse.

Stevie nodded. "Yes sir I did,"

There's silence, and the only noise heard is the constant clicking of his computer mouse.
"I have a lunch meeting with Nora Sinclair? At Per Se?  That's an error, I explained I don't like errors, Ms.Calhoun--"

Stevie smiled as she contain composure. "Yes sir of course, I understand there's no room for error, that's why I didn't make any. That lunch date was listed in your book calendar, but not on the virtual one, also, it didn't have a place or time set, and with my knowledge of Mrs. Sinclair, wonderful woman might I add? If you're wishing to take her own as a potential client? Missing anything with her? Is a shotgun to your business and your reputation, with that being said? I managed to get you two reservations at 3:00pm, she usually goes to the spa at 5:30, so we don't want to disturb her routine. Also--"

Tremaine's phone rang. He held his finger up, as he answered. "Yes Jada?...Who? Oh, yeah hold on, Jada said RugsRUS is here and they're wanting to speak to you?"

"Oh shit! I forgot I requested an early appointment instead of afternoon. Will you excuse me?" Stevie spun on her heels. Hurrying out of the office to go handle the situation with the cleaners.

Tremaine sat quietly watching her exit his office in a rushed speed. Furrowin his brows for a moment. He did some clicking on his computer to find the number to Per Se, after retrieving the number. He gave them a call to check and see if they in fact actually had reservations.

"Oh I do? But I thought you all were booked up until May?... Oh no, that's all I needed, thank you," Tremaine slowly moved the phone receiver from his ear to hang it up.

"Yes it's right in here," Stevie led the way into Tremaine's office over to the rug. Two men followed behind her into the office, to examine the rug.

"We don't know what that is, might be chocolate? Might not be, we'll never know, It's a mink rug and it's expensive so please be careful

"We don't know what that is, might be chocolate? Might not be, we'll never know, It's a mink rug and it's expensive so please be careful. Also, we need it back no later than three tomorrow? Thank you guys," Stevie smiled as the two men moved to grab the rug up to remove it from the office.

"Of course, Stevie, I'll have it back by noon just for you,"

"Aw, Parker, you're a sweetheart, thank you so much," Stevie stepped asided letting the men carry the rug outside. Pinching Parker's  cheek before they exited out completely.

Tremaine cleared his throat. "Ms. Calhoun?" He called grabbing her attention for a moment.

"Yes?" She turned on heels to face him as he relaxed back in his seat, reaching out he grabbed the cup of coffee Stevie left sitting on his desk.

Taking a sip he pulled the cup back from his mouth to stare at it. "Something wrong with the coffee sir? She inquired locking her hands behind her back, awaiting his snarky remarks.

"This isn't from my usual place, you don't listen well do you, Ms. Calhoun--"

Stevie's lips pulled into a wide smile. "I listen quite well, Mr.Maverick, the cafe you like your muffin and coffee from? Doesn't open until 7:00am, I have to be here at 6:30am, and the only place open at that time is Daley's on sixth avenue, who make fresh muffins every morning, specifically banana nut," She shrugged lightly.

Tremaine sat the cup down. "Well I don't like it, so if you have to come in at 7 to get my correct coffee? Then so be it. That's all, you can leave," He voiced dismissively.

"Hmm, well would you like me to take it and toss it while I'm leaving?"

"No,"

Stevie turned on her heels to exit the office. A devious, cunning smirk spread across her lips, she wanted to test and see just how picky and insolent he'd be towards her, so Stevie decided to play a trick on him. She actually got the coffee from the shop he liked, and simply slipped another cafe's branded cup over it, just to test him.

Upon Stevie exiting the office. "Hm," Tremaine watched the door close before be reached over dragging the cup up and close to his mouth to take another sip. Savoring the flavor in his mouth. "Not too bad," He stated lowly taking another sip before sitting the cup back down.

____________________________________________

Update 😫 ...