ten | friendly invitation pt 2

Stevie's friend's laughed as she sat staring wide eyed down at Cassidy, who hide behind Ari's back, shying away from her older sister's silent scolding. "Where the fuck, did you learn that, Cassidy Lynn!"

"Leave her alone, she probably saw yo' ass do it!" Ari fussed as he smiled at her.

Laughing Stevie tossed a pretzel at Ari. "Stop.. Covering for her sneaky ass! Because I didn't do it. I haven't did it, now I will, but... You bet not ever let me see you drop a shot glass in a beer again, or, I will whoop your ass in here, both of yall--"

"Ohh--" Stevie tossed her hand up waving it around lightly in the air. "This is my jam, what, oh, yes. How that TikTok go?" She laughed standing up to dance.

"She's such a grandma," Leah laughed. "You're not even on TikTok!"

Stevie fanned her friend off laughing. "So what, bitch! Anyways who wants to dance? Yall know this is my shit,"

Hey baby how you doing tonight

I wanna let you know

I wanna tell you just how I feel

I wanna love you baby

And it's going so right

"I wanna burn a candle," Stevie sang louder swaying her hips as she removed herself from the stool. 'Turn the darkness to the light--" She snapped her finger's grooving around.

Leah and Myles happened to glance at Tremaine, who sat watching Stevie moving towards the dance floor. Finishing up the rest of his beer.

"Hey.. Hey Tremaine? You should go dance with Stevie, you've been holding that barstool hostage all night," Myles suggested sharing a shifty eyed look with Leah giving her a cunning grin.

"Huh? Nah.. I don't think so--" He rejected as he turned back towards the mounted tv above thee bar.

"C'mon it won't hurt, besides, she loves this song. She'd dance with anybody, not saying you're anybody.. But you're--" Leah rambled off.

Myles stepped in laughing. ".... Child shut the hell up, Leah. Tremaine? Get yo' ass up off the stool and go dance with my friend. We know you want to, minus well--"

"Minus well," Cassidy laughed.

Tremaine looked out at the dance floor to see Stevie dancing by her lonesome. Sighing, he grabbed up the shot glass of dark brown liquor chugging it down quickly. "Ah--" Seething lowly at the burning in his chest. He wiped at his mouth with thee back of his hand. "Maybe I should,"

"Yeah, you should, go head," Myles encouraged him.

Tremaine stood up from his bar stool. Tilting his head left to right. He mentally and physically prepared himself to walk over to join Stevie. A few seconds go by, before he started to move across the room towards the dance floor.