thirty | take notice

A few weeks later...

Ari picked up the carafe and leaned over to fill up Cassidy's glass, before he looked around the table at everyone else's glasses. "Stevie want some more babe?" He asked looking her way.

"Yeah, please," She extended her glass his way allowing him to fill her glass up. Smiling she sent an air kiss his way, and turned her attention back to the conversation between Dean and Miles.

Stevie and her friends were out having their usual biweekly dinner, where they'd catch each other up on the news and happenings in their life, while enjoying good food and drinks. "Be fucking for real, Dean, you're telling me you think men could handle child birth?"

Dean shrugging took a swig of his beer. "I most absolutely do think men could bare it, I mean it's --"

Stevie butted in laughing. "-- It's you pushing eight, nine point five pounds of flesh, outta' your teeny tiny dick head, the babies head, shoulders, body, the whole nine, Dean, so be real babes, you cried when you got your Medusa tattoo last year,"

Laughing Dean bowed out. "A'ight, a'ight you got me. But, I know I can withstand some period cramps, that? That I know I can handle," He picked a fry up from his plate eating it.

"Not I, I be miserable when my stomach sick from a hangover. So to have my stomach cramping for what? Six days, seven? Yeah fuck that, I don't know how you ladies do, I commend you and ya coochies," Ari snapped his finger as him and his friend's laughed.

"Women are just naturally better than men at everything," Stevie voiced confidently as she picked up her glass to take a sip.

"Says who?!?" Dean laughed.

"M.E," Stevie lowered her wine glass to the table to pick up her fork.

"The fuck is M.E, Stevie?" Dean asked.

Stevie's mouth dropped open, speechless as she turned to look at Miles as he fell out laughing.

"Yo you dead ass, Dean!"

"Oh.. Oh.. Oh! Yo, no fucking way I didn't think--" It struck him and he realized what she meant. Balling his fist to his mouth he burst into a fit of rough laughter. "Yo, no,"

"Stay in school, Deany," Leah reached over patting his shoulder.

"Whatever," He sheugged her away laughing. When he lifted his hand to casually stare around the restaurant, when he noticed someone familiar and raised his drink to him to greet him.

"Who you speaking to?" Lorenzo asked looking up in the direction Dean was looking. "Oh, shit Stevie ain't that ya' boss over there?" Lorenzo sent a head nod.

Stevie turned to look when her eyes landed on Tremaine. Who was sitting having dinner a few tables over. Their eyes met, and for a second they held eye contact. Before Stevie rolled her eyes and turned away. "He isn't my boss, I quit two weeks ago," She informed the group before she grabbed up her glass to take a sip of her drink.